[MOD] Remove Spiders

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
TheLacus

[MOD] Remove Spiders

Postby TheLacus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:55 pm

REMOVE SPIDERS

Description
This mod replaces spiders graphics and sounds with bear ones, leaving unchanged stats and eventual loot.

Installation
Put the StreamingAssets folder inside \DaggerfallUnity_Data. Requires Daggerfall Unity build 55 or higher.
If you wish to uninstall, you can safely remove all the files you added inside the StreamingAssets folder. It won't affect saves.

Download
Changelog
  • 1.1 Added bear sounds.

Original post wrote:Since this has been requested by thezombinator a few weeks ago, i put my effort in implementing a way to remove spiders.
This mod replaces spiders graphics with bears, leaving unchanged stats and eventual loot. Sounds and text are also unchanged, as they require a different approach that is beyond what i'm doing now.
I just made a PR so you need to wait for the next build before using this one.
Download v1.0
Last edited by TheLacus on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.
Interkarma

Re: [MOD] Remove Spiders

Postby Interkarma » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Nice one! That will make the arachnophobes happy. :)

I've merged PR and kicked off new builds. Heading to bed now, will test and update links on live builds page in my AM.
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Spider sounds are now replaced with bear sounds. They may not be of the highest quality since the tool supposed to extract Daggerfall sounds is from 2012 and does only half of its job, so i had to use Audacity to make them usable. Might be useful to start from the code in DU to make a new extractor utility.

Download v1.1
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.
Jay_H

Postby Jay_H » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:19 pm

You really are awesome, Lacus.
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Interkarma wrote:
Jay_H wrote:You really are awesome, Lacus.

+1 to that.

Arl wrote:Hey, this is a great help for those with arachnophobia, very good job.

thezombinator wrote:Thanks man I'll download this right away (also this reminds me of the mod that replaces spiders with bears in Skyrim)

tyhender wrote:^ This spiders in Skyrim... ewww...
Well, they aren't so disgusting when you begin to one-punch kill them.. before you level up again...
Gildedtongue

Postby Gildedtongue » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Very awesome! Though, do hope that you'll also remove the giant scorpions too.
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Gildedtongue wrote:Very awesome! Though, do hope that you'll also remove the giant scorpions too.

Thank you, i take notice of your wish.

Return to “Creator's Corner”