New MP3 Music

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Narf the Mouse

Re: New MP3 Music

Post by Narf the Mouse »

FireBreaker777 wrote:Hey Everyone,

7 more songs have been added to the SoundCloud playlist listed above on the first post. Most of these are the various town music (and why am I working on my music list backwards?? Haha!)
Did you add an underwater effect to the Swimming music? If it's a new effect, I like it.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

FireBreaker777

Post by FireBreaker777 »

Narf the Mouse wrote:
FireBreaker777 wrote:Hey Everyone,

7 more songs have been added to the SoundCloud playlist listed above on the first post. Most of these are the various town music (and why am I working on my music list backwards?? Haha!)
Did you add an underwater effect to the Swimming music? If it's a new effect, I like it.
No, but I did use a lot of reverb individually on each instrument.... I guess I kinda did lol, but its been there.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Some of them are really awesome, like the beginning of FMOVER_C! Others, I don't love as much, for example SNOWING seems a bit too different to me, which was one of my favorites in original. Cool work overall, though!

Quality wise, I still think that Daggerfall Orchestrated was top notch, but sadly it didn't have all the tracks remade, only some.

What do you think about it? Do you like it? I was just thinking that maybe you can use them as a base and improve on the missing tracks. I think that your work is of very good quality, don't get me wrong, but some of his tracks were truly imposing.

But if you don't like them or something, it's completely fine, I would love to see your own take on Daggerfall's music. Just wanted to mention it, since I really like it.

P.S. Since I can't find it anywhere in the internet right now, I will upload it and post a link shortly.

P.P.S. Here's the link with the music, I've talked about: http://efshare.com/?s=F9L2SY Once again, just something I like, your own pieces are great as well and some are probably even better, but maybe it can be inspirational. I just like how similar it is to original music, yet more detailed.

FireBreaker777

Post by FireBreaker777 »

I actually am not touching the orchestration. I import the original MIDI files and replace the older MIDI instruments with newer ones. The orchestration is exactly identical to the originals. My work on it is mostly effect and mixing based and replacing the old MIDI patches with newer ones (like switching a MIDI patch flute with a VST expression flute), but the orchestration itself is identical to the original.

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Is there a download link for this? Or can we download from Soundcloud and I'm just not seeing it?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I got the idea that FireBreaker did this as a demonstration but didn't make a download available yet. Maybe in the future, if he/she decides to :)

CM August

Post by CM August »

One of the most distracting things in DFU right now is the lengthy pause before a music track will loop again. The loops were immediate and seamless in the original. I've never used an audio mod before, but dors a project like this fix the issue and give us perfect loops again?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The pause is literally empty track space at the end of some MIDI files. It's a side-effect of the conversion from HMI back to MIDI.

Any music file designed to loop properly that doesn't have empty space should be fine.

Likewise, if someone can edit the MIDI to remove empty track space, or re-export to a cleaner version, this would do the trick as well.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Thanks Interkarma, that's useful to know. Glad the underlying issue is not as complex as it appeared. I've no experience with editing music files, but at least it doesn't seem impossible to learn if I ever find the time. Cheers :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

No problems. :)

If you'd like to test with a known-good looping track, see TheLacus' guide on how to replace music in the game. Just need to drop new music file into correct folder and name appropriately.

There could still be loop delays I'm not expecting, but I'm sure they can be fixed eventually.