New MP3 Music

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
FireBreaker777

New MP3 Music

Post by FireBreaker777 »

Hey Everyone!

I've been working with TheLacus on the music portion of this project. I've been taking the old MIDI files, importing them and using newer MIDI instruments, adding effects, changing tempos, etc to bring a fresh feeling to the original music without changing the original score. These will be in the form of MP3 files.

I've added a playlist on my Soundcloud page for you all to hear some of the remastered tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/sjgreenwood4-1/sets/daggerfall

jman0war

Re: New MP3 Music

Post by jman0war »

wow nice!

It's amazing how robust the simple midi jingles of DF can be re-imagined into full blown orchestral motion-picture scores 8-)
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This is wonderful. I really like the Goodale remixes, but I feel like he took some embellishments which I feel detract a little from the fidelity towards the original game. This sounds a lot like it would fit in a remastered Daggerfall :)

FireBreaker777

Post by FireBreaker777 »

I just want to assure all of you that it is the ORIGINAL MIDI score imported in. The MIDI patches are changed to give it a new sound, then I add effects for each instrument (Reverb, delay, etc) and such. But none the less, it still is the original MIDI notation. (Though there was a couple times I had to add sustain to some notes to make them sound right, since it was originally wrote that way to compensate for the instrument patches available at the time.)

Its actually been really cool to import the songs and see how Eric Herberling did everything.

Glad everyone likes them! I should have more to show you all within the next couple weeks!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok this is straight up awesome, it sounds really good and is totally truth to the original, I think this could possibly work oh so well with DFUnity. Very good job! Thanks for dedicating your time towards this, and this goes for everyone in this project, you ppl are awesome! :D

FireBreaker777

Post by FireBreaker777 »

King of Worms wrote:Ok this is straight up awesome, it sounds really good and is totally truth to the original, I think this could possibly work oh so well with DFUnity. Very good job! Thanks for dedicating your time towards this, and this goes for everyone in this project, you ppl are awesome! :D
Thanks!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

These gave me the same feel as the original music. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

FireBreaker777

Post by FireBreaker777 »

Hey Everyone,

7 more songs have been added to the SoundCloud playlist listed above on the first post. Most of these are the various town music (and why am I working on my music list backwards?? Haha!)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yup, very good again, I love the snow and sneaking themes! All tracks are really good :) Thanks for your work, you continue very fast!

EDIT: I though track 17 sounds a bit off, but it was caused by my SoundBlaster X-fi settings, when I disable all efects as I switch to "audio creation" mode, it sounds awesome. Thats my fav track of them all, it never sounded so great before, thanks a ton