Adding a remastered score, these people are creating authentic Daggerfall Music

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
GilbertofGlockenspur

Adding a remastered score, these people are creating authentic Daggerfall Music

Post by GilbertofGlockenspur »

Accidentally came across this group recreating the score. Quite an incredible sound.
New here, played through DF every other year since i bought it at Comp USA 25 years ago.

Wondering if others would like a live score to the game as well?
This composition is done on a Lute, Mandolin and Guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEUp3oX ... l=Zolaerla

pango

Re: Adding a remastered score, these people are creating authentic Daggerfall Music

Post by pango »

That's very cool!

Playing the whole score live would be a lot of work though. And other tracks may require different instruments and different moods (live performance was a good fit for shop theme, but what about dungeon ambient tracks for example?), that's something to consider...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Re: Adding a remastered score, these people are creating authentic Daggerfall Music

Post by Ralzar »

This made me imagine a tavern music mod :D

You record the music for each instrument separately. Then you turn off normal tavern music and instead hook the new sound files up to corresponding NPCs shown playing instruments :D

So you enter a tavern and there's just a guy playing a flute and a boy with a drum? Guess you're just getting a flute&drum version of the song :D

GilbertofGlockenspur

Post by GilbertofGlockenspur »

Right, i was imagining the Inn music too. Someone should make a mod were certain inns have real music and ambience of patrons in the background just to throw people off. I'm new here, when are the modders going to make a MMO out of this game and stuff a server with 3000 people?