[MOD] Loading Screen

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: [MOD] Loading Screen

Post by Midknightprince »

Thank you for fixing this !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Kamer wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:00 pm There is a little over 30 different screens that it can choose. I used screenshots from both Daggerfall unity and DOS. As well as the 3 concept art piece posted earlier in the thread.

Oblivion-Styled Load Screens: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tm59bn6ss ... creens.rar

Screenshots of each:
Spoiler!
Daggerfall Unity
DOSBOX Gives an older weathered feel due to the smaller resolution
Concept Art of Daggerfall. I hate seeing artwork go unused.
They are all in there so you can take out any you dislike.
They are great! I improved first post and took the occasion to add a link to your pack :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Here something for skyrim lovers :D

Spoiler!

The next steps are: a) link model to tip. b)wait for modelers to make 3d npcs and enemies.

Unfortunately i can't animate the particle system because scene loading is asynchronous only when travelling from terrain to terrain, and not when loading a save. Maybe it can be considered a future improvement to always yield when loading but wait for everything to be fully init before actually "starting" the game. I imagine this may be a delicate matter though, complications can probably arise.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I thought that last screen said "Cats are cheaper alternatives to horses..." I was quite bemused for a few seconds! :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This looks amazing well done!

It might be a hard one to tackle, yielding while loading with enough frequency to allow smooth particle animation. The actual load process is very quick, it's setting up all the terrains and world that cost the most time. It could possibly be engineered in someday.
Hazelnut wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:16 pm I thought that last screen said "Cats are cheaper alternatives to horses..." I was quite bemused for a few seconds! :lol:
Now that would be a mod to behold!

AXO

Post by AXO »

alternatively of the silt strider we could put the catwagon :lol: :lol:

anyway for me the MOD don't work :cry: sometimes it loads image after black screen and only for a fraction of a second
and the rest of the time does not work at all :cry: :cry: only times load right is at the start after DFU settings .
This is not a criticism just to give you a feedback ;)
infact i think it is an excellent idea and look forward in the future, and it will certainly work in the future for me too
Attachments
download (6).jpg
download (6).jpg (8.67 KiB) Viewed 3960 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Thanks for feedback AXO, is appreciated :)

If the issue is that actual loading is very fast, you can set an option called ShowForMinimum which keep drawing the splash screen even if game is ready. 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to have a visual feedback without interrupting gameplay without reason. You can also keep loading screen only for save loading (which is what takes a relevant amount of time if mod are installed) and not for interior/exterior transitions which is often way faster.

If you see a black screen for an amount of time, and only at the end you see the loading screen, it may be a new issue i never experienced. Can you tell me if it happens during save or transition?

AXO

Post by AXO »

when I load a savegame , it makes the black screen and then at the end a moment the screen just before starting the game
and for the rest in game I do not see changes in both case of external interiors and not even when I travel from a city to another , the only exception is if i load a savegame for first time after the intro , in that case the mod work

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

AXO wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:44 pm when I load a savegame , it makes the black screen and then at the end a moment the screen just before starting the game
Can you send me the game log? I don't expect much from it, but I can't reproduce this :(
The first valid call for drawing must be done when is already too late, but i don't know why this is happening only for you. Does the mod works fine for others?
AXO wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:44 pm and for the rest in game I do not see changes in both case of external interiors and not even when I travel from a city to another , the only exception is if i load a savegame for first time after the intro , in that case the mod work
There are two options in settings called Buildings and Dungeons, be sure they are enabled if you want them. There is no loading screen if you fast travel at the moment.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I'm need to upload the 2nd update to my Oblivion Screen Pack. I plan on doing another revision to fix minor issues and change the style again to have it more close to the Oblivion originals.

Actually since I have a few extra minutes on Lunch break I'll go ahead and drop the link to V2 now. More screens, and they are filed correctly.

Download: OblivionScreensV2