[MOD] Loading Screen

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: [MOD] Loading Screen

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote:output_log.txt wasn't generated in the folder :(
Sorry, it's in a different folder on linux. Should be this one:

~/.config/unity3d/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity/Player.log

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No, in player.log the string "ModManager" didn't appear at all.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Can you send me your log file?
According to what you're saying it looks like the mod isn't running at all, but it's hard to make a guess without anything to look at ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hah, I was looking at the wrong one; there were two player.log files.

Code: Select all

ModManager - started loading mod: Loading Screen

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

ModManager - init finished.  Mod Count: 5

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
That's all I've got. If you want the full player.log, I've sent it to you in a PM via Pastebin.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Thank you for your patience. I tested the mod on Linux and i din't find any issue here.
Unfortunately the log you sent me contained only these state changes: None-->Start-->Game-->UI, which isn't enough to trigger the loading screen.

Since the log file is recreated every time you launch the game, can i ask you to load a save a few times, let your character be killed by an enemy, and send me the log created immediately after?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Thanks to interkarma disponibility, i could overhaul the mod and improve it for the next build of DU.
In the meanwhile, i started working on tips as i said a few pages before.
If you have suggestions on what do you think i should include, or maybe even want to contribuite with some string, this is what i made so far.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

if i "recall" it correctly from my mind the recall spell gives a button dialog if you want to set an anchor or teleport ;)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Nystul wrote:if i "recall" it correctly from my mind the recall spell gives a button dialog if you want to set an anchor or teleport ;)
Same here. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Thanks for the correction :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Loading Screen 1.4
  • General improvements
  • (optional) Show tips chosen according to player level, location and other elements picked from the game save.
  • (optional) Load images from Dungeon and Building folders when entering into one of them.
Requirements: The next build of DU, wich should be 65/64/56.

Download: LoadingScreen_1.4