Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
VMblast

Re: Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Post by VMblast »

Interkarma wrote:In DFU, that terrain glitch happens when the smoothing process fails on the location terrain tile. It should flatten out the city area then blend the remaining heights into surrounding tiles. Something has obviously gone wrong there where the terrain tile smoothing either did not run, or was misaligned to the actual city area.

Does this happen every time, or was it a once-off glitch that disappeared when you exited and started the game again? If it's easily reproduced, I'd love a save game for that location.
Thats because Ive cheated. :lol:

set_speed 200 + set_jump 100 ....and poor terrain blocks couldn't catch up :P That city (from my screnshots) is duplication of sort. When in air, I saw one big city and almost right beside it (maybe 1-2 km away) was another city of the same size. That one was terrain submerged.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ah cool! Yeah, high speed can cause some unusual problems with world streaming sometimes. :)

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

If anyone wants to try my testing ground for the dungeons (textures/lighting)

Test download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vHJ ... l9oRmFVVUE

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Will definitely do, once I get home from work :D Looks exciting!

Stalin Brando

Post by Stalin Brando »

Screw going home, I'm trying this out at work.

We're used to bizarre noises around here anyway.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Lite poll:
-I was thinking of making the main gate of the desert areas something like this....just to add some color to it. Like in the Gates of Babylon style? *so its just an idea*

Note: Everything is still pretty much WIP.

Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Looking great!

LorrMaster42

Post by LorrMaster42 »

Are procedural city wall paintings possible?

NikitaTheTanner

Looks kinda cool, but I see two potential issues with it:
1) Right now, it sticks out too much from the rest of the wall. While I am certain that you can probably fix this, still something I wanted to point out.
2) It might be too cool for generic cities, especially since it would be used over and over again. If it was done only for the Sentinel and some other region capitals, I would understand, but it would stick out in smaller towns with walls.

I would probably go for some ornaments/decorations including painted ones, plus the doors can be more interesting than just simply wooden gates, but blue section seems a bit excessive. And no, not because it looks bad, just looks too good! :) And you know, too much good just leads to oversaturation.

I would consider things like this in the future, to be used for some unique locations, but not as generic city blocks. That's only my opinion, though.

I am off to check out the dungeon! :D

NikitaTheTanner

OMG! :shock: The dungeon is perfect! The texturework, the light, the music - it just works together perfectly! Absolutely love it! If we can get the game to this level, it would be a massive success! Massive! Great work, Vladimir! :D