Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Biboran

Re: Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Post by Biboran »

VMblast wrote:
Biboran wrote:This lion by the way re-used for some dungeon textures I think. And there a little bit different textue sets for different mages guilds
Oh? Hmm, havent found other textures. Maybe I missed it. Difference in what way?
Sorry I from phone now and can't show you. Use daggerfall imaging 2 and check all textures list. There are some sets. Set you do now is woodland mages guild interior or something like that. And in game files there a different set at least for moutians and desert mages guilds, this pictures in another texture files. Btw, idk if they used ir not so it be awesome if someone check this

Edit - yeah. This is screens from uesp. Poorly resolution but you may see that at least hammerfall use different interior textures
Attachments
tmp_21299-120px-DF-npc-Isolationist_02-1959009326.jpg
tmp_21299-120px-DF-npc-Isolationist_02-1959009326.jpg (5.11 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
tmp_21299-DF-npc-Guildmagister_02-1360362324.jpg
tmp_21299-DF-npc-Guildmagister_02-1360362324.jpg (213.05 KiB) Viewed 3294 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

VMblast wrote:
Biboran wrote:This lion by the way re-used for some dungeon textures I think. And there a little bit different textue sets for different mages guilds
Oh? Hmm, havent found other textures. Maybe I missed it. Difference in what way?
Excellent work on all of this!

Check back to my earlier post about texture banks. It covers the formula for how banks are switched out for region and climate.

So for example, you've updated TEXTURE.337 - that is the "Woodland mages guild" interior set. Using the formula I posted, you can determine the full set of related banks are .037 (desert), .137 (mountain), .337 (woodland/temperate), .437 (swamp).

Please note the text description on .437 seen in Daggerfall Imaging 2 is also "woodland" - but this is incorrect. This is the swamp set. Just ignore the names when not correct and use the math instead. Daggerfall's files are full of bad information like this. :)

In order to cover all the mages guild interiors of that bank across all regions, every bank needs to be updated for that set (.037, .137, .337, .437). For outdoor textures there are also summer and winter (+001) variants. The formula lets you find related banks when working through a particular texture bank.

I hope that helps clarify my earlier post!

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Wow that screenshot of the mages guild is just so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes :cry: :D

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

your floor textures in action with default reflection mod settings look pretty awesome ;)
btw, I checked for the biased reflections, they don't happen for me in the newest reflection mod version, so everything should be just fine in the next build ;)

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Nystul wrote:your floor textures in action with default reflection mod settings look pretty awesome ;)
btw, I checked for the biased reflections, they don't happen for me in the newest reflection mod version, so everything should be just fine in the next build ;)
I spotted interesting detail - VMblast, are you drawed textures of door sides and top or just front side? :lol:

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Biboran wrote:I spotted interesting detail - VMblast, are you drawed textures of door sides and top or just front side? :lol:
No, just the front. Sides are just single color image. That is, if I noticed that right and I dont know how that works with the doors.

@Nystul
Super screenshot. Reflections are great.

I dont know what happened with my version. Ive made screens from within Unity as I dont know how to "lock down" all the changes I make. Ones I stop -play-, everything just turns back to default and it doesn't save any changes. Every time I want to do some ingame testings I have to redo all the changes to materials, textures, lights all over again....to be honest its becoming tiresome. :P

@Interkarma
Thnx for the tips (for texture sets). ;)

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Nystul wrote:your floor textures in action with default reflection mod settings look pretty awesome ;)
Looks fantastic.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

VMblast wrote:One of the hardest textures I had to do so far -marble. :P
Hi there, I have been following the progress of this thread speechless with my mouth agape.

One thing I noticed... this latest marble texture is showing a clear diagonal pattern. It is visible in your screenshot (Mages_Int_65.jpg), where the floor texture changes orientation between the pillars (if that is what I truly see :-D ). Not sure how often this happens in game, but it looks a bit strange.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

ifkopifko wrote:
VMblast wrote:One of the hardest textures I had to do so far -marble. :P
Hi there, I have been following the progress of this thread speechless with my mouth agape.

One thing I noticed... this latest marble texture is showing a clear diagonal pattern. It is visible in your screenshot (Mages_Int_65.jpg), where the floor texture changes orientation between the pillars (if that is what I truly see :-D ). Not sure how often this happens in game, but it looks a bit strange.
That was not up to me, its UVs are premade by Bethesda.

However, on the other hand, in reality its rarity that tiles are fitted across the grain. Workers often just slap them in to finish the job as quick as possible. :P

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Ultimately it would be useful to compile a list of all the 3d blocks that need fixing.
Probably a separate mod to swap-in 'fixed' models with correct UV mapping.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files