[MOD] Animated People

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
carademono

[MOD] Animated People

Post by carademono »

Animated People

Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/227

This mod animates all unanimated NPC flats, bringing life to the formerly static people of the Iliac Bay. Drunks drink, beggars beg, children play, and nobles bark orders. Now villagers will move their arms, look from side to side, or simply blink at you in confusion after you barge into their homes.

As an added bonus, almost all NPCs now have eyes (which blink), greatly improving realism and immersion.

Animated People is one of a series of mods that aims to bring more life to Daggerfall's vanilla NPCs. I recommend that you use it alongside Villager Variety, Villager Immersion Overhaul, Roleplay & Realism, and Cliffworms' Living Cities and other overhaul mods. As with all my mods, the loose files are available on my Github. If you have some skills and are interested in improving the animations, please drop me a line or simply make a PR on the Github repo: https://github.com/drcarademono/WIP-animatedpeople.

Changelog
v1.0: Initial release
v1.1: Animations now occur at random intervals thanks to coding work by kaboissonneault. Tiny villager sprites are now normal-sized, and many villager faces now match their portraits. Animation improvements, as well as new animations by Sayber1.

Many thanks to:
Sayber1 for animations
Cliffworms
Hazelnut
Kamer
for support and ideas!

carademono

Re: [MOD] Animated People

Post by carademono »

This mod is now released on Nexus! Actually, v1.1 is now released on Nexus...

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

The quality is outstanding and the difference is huge. Well done!

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

A lil bit more life, even if as little as a blink can make a lot of difference!
Love this.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Agreed. The animations are on par with how it was done back in 1996, which makes it as if it was this way all along. I LOVE it. :D

carademono

Post by carademono »

Thanks so much for the kind words, Azteca, Ninelan, and Cliff! You make me want to skip out on work today and get back to it :D

Lausbub78

Post by Lausbub78 »

Hello,
It's a great mod,thank you for your excellent work. However,I think I found a Bug. Sorry if it has been mentioned allready.
I've got some Mods installed and nailed the issue down to Animated People,as the problem is still present with all other Mods disabled.
It's one of the Tavern Keeper Sprites, with Animated People enabled he is represented by a female Sprite. I've made a Screenshot showing the issue.
The Screenshot was made at "The white Goat" Tavern at Deerwich in Daggerfall. But I found the same issue in random Taverns I visited.
The second Screenshot is made with Animated People disabled.

I'm running the latest Beta version of Daggerfall Unity.
Thanks and please keep up the great work!

carademono

Post by carademono »

Thanks for the kind words! This is an incompatibility with Realism & Roleplay. I think I've fixed the issue and will release an update in the next couple of weeks.

D4N5T3P

Post by D4N5T3P »

Hello, thank you for your hard work, this mod is amazing! The only bug I found so far is this mismatch with the portrait but otherwise it's great
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (602.05 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (414.05 KiB) Viewed 2293 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Theres tons of these missmatchs and they are from base game.
I made a report, some were corrected, some did not.

Is there any will to fix these? If yes, I can do more reports. Lets fix this sh+t
There are missmatch even in the main castles for xxxx sake