Videos

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
rhymer

Videos

Post by rhymer »

I continue working on video replacers. I'm currently trying to figure out how it works. I'm trying to convert the movies I've made before in ogv format so as the engine could detect it. Also I'm going to rework the rest of them. Most arguable is (and always was) the destiny of live-action video. The best way I see is to keep it as is, just upscale and retouche a little. Of course, the original quality is terrible, so it is impossible to retrive the color information from it. However, that is the best result I was able to get:

It doesn't seem to work for me. I can't see the replaced video in game, though I've put DAG2.ogv into \StreamingAssets\videos\DAG2.dfvideo folder. Could anyone tell me where to look for the solution?

TheLacus

Re: Videos

Post by TheLacus »

Due to a bug with the version of Unity the game is currently using, i haven't been able to stream videos directly from disk.
Thankfully the modding system created by Lypyl give us an alternative, which is to import them inside mods; this is a bit less intuitive since you need the unity engine installed, but it's still a pretty easy task with the GUI Lypyl has provided.

Videos should follow the format FILENAME.VID.ogv, for example DAG2.VID.ogv. Once they're named correctly, just click Add selected assets and build the mod. This should be placed inside StreamingAssets/Mods/.

If you have been reading my guide here on the forum, it is outdated on a few points so follow it on the website instead.

Anyway, good work with your videos :)

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

which one is the before and which is after?

My preference is the picture in the lower left hand corner.
it has more detail and mood.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

rhymer

Post by rhymer »

Both before pictures are on the left. And these are not details, these are digital noise due to upscaling. As for the mood, it is possible to recolour the picture a bit and lower brightness in highlights a little. Will it help?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I can see the remade pictures dont have the jagged edges which is a good thing (thanks to upscaling I guess). Yes, the new ones are slightly brighter and more saturated... maybe scaling those down a tiny bit would be better. But I deffinitely see a improvement there.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Skin looks too smooth on the right. Lack of jaggies is good. :) What he said about the brightness. :)

Beyond that, I know far too little about video enhancement to say anything useful. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.