[MOD] Vibrant Wind

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Narf the Mouse

Re: [MOD] Vibrant Wind

Postby Narf the Mouse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Nystul wrote:it does not look like the gif in-game. in-game it looks realistic ;)

Well, ok. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Nystul wrote:it does not look like the gif in-game. in-game it looks realistic ;)

Yep, the last gif was supposed to be a joke. When i find the time i'll make some serious video comparisons.
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.
Narf the Mouse

Postby Narf the Mouse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:46 pm

TheLacus wrote:

Yep, the last gif was supposed to be a joke. When i find the time i'll make some serious video comparisons.

I derped, because I did not get that at all. :oops:
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 pm

If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.
Jay_H

Postby Jay_H » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Oh, MAN! A rainstorm and a light breeze like that, it's like when I first played Daggerfall and just got consumed in the atmosphere! :D
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Version 0.3

• Set speed, bending and size separately.

Download

This update allow to set the three components of Unity wind separately; for example i think an excessive bending deforms too much the grass so i like to keep it at a lower level while still allowing speed to grow up to higher values.

In the settings you cand find, for each of these three, the range and the interpolation selection. No need to explain that editing the range can help to achieve an optimal wind speed according to personal tastes.

For example someone may like a medium/light speed with minimal variations while other prefer a wider range from a breeze to a strong wind. Adjusting the max value should achieve this pretty easily.

Interpolation allow further optimization: Sinerp make the wind speed grow faster at the start (more difference between light and medium than stronger speeds), Coserp does the opposite so you see the increase in speed during the worse weather conditions. The benefit of using one of these is that you can control what happens in the middle of the curve without changing the limits and setting an indesirably low/high value for the strongest wind.

I'm happy to receive any feedback or suggestion as well as some configuration you may find particularly good :)
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:33 am

King of Worms

Postby King of Worms » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:11 pm

EDIT: Ive mistaken this with Real Grass mod lol. Anyway, thanks for update, wind adds a lot to the game, I enjoyed the previous version as well. I still wish it was possible to sway the 2d trees as well. Just a little movement...
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Version 0.4

• Support for wind zone (trees and particles).
Download on first page.
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:09 am

Return to “Creator's Corner”