(Vibrant) NPC Flats

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Narf the Mouse

Re: (Vibrant) NPC Flats

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Luzur wrote:Isnt that a lute though, and not a guitar? pretty sure lutes are lighter.
But there's about a bajillion instruments like that, sometimes with very minor differences. Call 'em all guitars and be done with it! :p :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

buzzardroost

Post by buzzardroost »

Luzur wrote:Isnt that a lute though, and not a guitar? pretty sure lutes are lighter.
Yep, but I've only seen it being played propped up on something, or tucked into the arm to give additional grip on the instrument. Hands get sweaty and I imagine it'd be difficult playing one up in the air like that without a crutch.

However, I have never held one personally, so I can't be held as an expert on the matter.

MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

Stringed instruments like that need a strap, or a lap to sit on, because you're not always holding it with your hand. One hand is totaly free of the instrument because it is strumming or plucking the strings. The hand that holds the neck/fretboard has to let go to move to different positions.

Bender

Post by Bender »

Please forgive me for asking, but I can't get these to display in game, and yes I have read the documentation from TheLacus. It's my understanding that these need to go into streaming assets. Were i'm confused is the documentation stated as png files they can be dropped directly into a textures folder. I have the folder and have put them in their with no effect. Or do they need their own subfolder. One forum thread suggested they needed to go into streaming assests\models\xxx-x-x x's being a subfolder of the same name of the png. I do have graphical mods ticked in the launcher. I apologize for being a pain and I did look it up, i'm just having no luck. I would appreciate the help. Thank you :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums, Bender!

Inside your Streaming Assets folder, there must be a Textures folder. If there isn't one, you'll need to create one.

Once it's made, open it and extract the images directly there.

Then to make them display, in your Daggerfall Unity initialization, use the "enable graphical mods" toggle button in the top-right of the initial screen, as it appears you've done.

If you're in Linux, ensure they end in .png, not .PNG.

Bender

Post by Bender »

Thank you, happy to be a part. I'm greatly appreciative for the help as well. I had everything setup as demonstrated, however you showed me what was wrong. Turns out the flats needed to be renamed. The flat I was using was named 182-17-0. Once I renamed it to 182_17-0 it worked fined. The other flat, the lute player, his downloaded name was 51-0-highrez. I imagine that's not gonna work. I would like to know what the actual name should be if possible. Thanks again and appreciate the hard work from everyone. I was playing the dos version on my old x586 amd but it was to buggy.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm fairly certain it's 182_51-0. It's an animated image, so if it animates within DFU it'll just have the new version on the first frame and the original version on the remaining frames.

It could also be 186_52-0, but I consider that pretty unlikely.

Bender

Post by Bender »

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you again! I will be lurking :)