DaggerXL texture replacement project

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
jman0war

Re: DaggerXL texture replacement project

Post by jman0war »

Tealy Wolf wrote: Some of the terrain flats were floating in the air when I found them (see image below), one of the terrain flats did not change initially because the filename for the image had two dashes in it instead of one (the image I am referring to is "505_28-0.png". Originally there were two dashes which prevented the new texture from loading). That, and I don't see any of the ground textures in the biomes that I think were added. I looked at the roads in particular in desert areas, although I may be looking in the wrong place.
Looks like that's my fault, sorry!
You're right there's 2 dashes in the file name - i'll update and re-package and re-upload 505
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Ziune Wolf

Post by Ziune Wolf »

No problem. I love your work, and can't wait to see everything finished. You're helping make daggerfall more beautiful. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I moved on to desacrate another dungeon, progress is very slow... added new Exit dungeon doors. Thanks for noting that typo Jmanowar.
woodland sewer + exit.jpg
woodland sewer + exit.jpg (547.06 KiB) Viewed 3352 times

Ziune Wolf

Post by Ziune Wolf »

That... That looks amazing. Looks legitimately dark and foreboding. Looking great.

ironmaskofhell

Post by ironmaskofhell »

Where is the smooth looking more vanilla friendly floor texture from the last picture?

oracus0

Post by oracus0 »

Hello!

I'm currently working on a mod for Skyrim to recreate Daggerfall's main quest, and am retexturing some of the Daggerfall models.

The roof texture in the picture is from Bethesda, but I also made the more traditional colored bricks that could go there. I don't know what you have finished, or what look you are aiming for... I really like the mosaic, though it isn't the exactly the same as Daggerfall's colored bricks, but I think it goes well with the theme. What do you think? I will probably do some other buildings as well. Would you be interested in any of these textures? I'm happy to share and contribute... I think you guys are doing a fantastic job!

Oracus0

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

King of Worms wrote:Any opinions on this screen of "Texture 019 Desert Crypt A" ? Im Playing with some texture swaps... Thanks Lacus, Ive added them to the pack v0.3.
King of Worms, I think they look simply incredible! As much as I like chunky pixels, you've completely nailed the look and feel and I'd be more than happy to play a heavily modded version of Daggerfall that includes this level of work. Great stuff!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Interkarma Its quite addictive so I will continue for at least a while :) most time consuming is finding the exact texture name I need to modify in the textures from DF imaging :X When I find it and I can see the results in the game, its relatively fast. But it requires lot of back and fort switches between photoshop and game to set good saturation/brightness/contrast on the textures and a lots of DFU restarts to get updated textures in..
crypts.jpg
crypts.jpg (263.62 KiB) Viewed 3320 times

Ziune Wolf

Post by Ziune Wolf »

These look great. I'm looking forward to more of your work. :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

@ King of Worms
Look good :)

@ oracus0
Can you post some example? it's difficult to see from the picture. Also you may want to import them in Daggerfall and do some screenshots ;)