DaggerXL texture replacement project

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Nystul

Re: DaggerXL texture replacement project

Post by Nystul »

maybe it is wrong uv mapping of daggerfall data there? there are lots of such cases

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

Guys, it's just a mistake AlexanderSig did in one of the brick textures :). I don't know if he fixed it already (not checked last pack yet). If not, he needs to make a square selection of the brick area and rotate it 180 degrees.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@quasifex
Good to know where was the problem. Cheers. ;)

MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

AlexanderSig wrote:
VMblast wrote:@AlexanderSig
Good job on the wall textures.

Tho I have suggestion for the wood floor. Since this should be standard planks, they are always set one lower-one higher (interlocked) and not parallel.
Yes! I have changed that for set 428.

Texture set 166 has almost the exact same floor/ceiling so may as well show off the floors here.

I decided to not include the cracks in the walls because this way it tiles much better.

Would it be possible to include a cracked version of the graphic as well and have the engine use that one randomly like 10% of the time?

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

quasifex wrote:Guys, it's just a mistake AlexanderSig did in one of the brick textures :). I don't know if he fixed it already (not checked last pack yet). If not, he needs to make a square selection of the brick area and rotate it 180 degrees.
Oops, will get on it.
MrDowntempo wrote:Would it be possible to include a cracked version of the graphic as well and have the engine use that one randomly like 10% of the time?
Maybe someday, would love to do it but would require programming skills that I do not have.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

It would be easier to just create improved building meshes, which is probably going to happen anyway.

MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

Probably right. That would be a superior solution.

About the actual art, I think, like the previous wall work, that the shadow for the chair-rail and crown molding is too thick. It's only one pixel in the original and that feels right. To scale, the new texture has a 3 or 5 pixel shadow which just feels far too deep to me.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Old: Image
Attachments
324_1-0.png
324_1-0.png (214.84 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
324_0-0.png
324_0-0.png (218.07 KiB) Viewed 3092 times

MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

AlexanderSig wrote:Old: Image
Gorgeous, and a phenomenal improvement over the original!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Guys!

Im lost, lots of new stuff and many versions. My last unreleased update is with the 210_12-0 & 210_13-0 lights from PAGE 7. Thats v0.3 and that is sitting at my HDD. Id like to upload this v0.3 which would include all the stuff which was added laters but I dont want to miss anything or include bad version...

also, there seems to be a problem with inverted red bricks in the interrior set 340 - so that should be solved before adding it to the pack.

I added those grey bricks from AlexanderSig (324_1-0 and 324_0-0) as well now.

AS IT LOOKS NOW - only thing I miss is the 340 set updated with reversed bricks by AlexanderSig... rest of the work is unreleased yet.