DaggerXL texture replacement project

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
AlexanderSig

Re: DaggerXL texture replacement project

Post by AlexanderSig »

King of Worms wrote:Guys!

Im lost, lots of new stuff and many versions. My last unreleased update is with the 210_12-0 & 210_13-0 lights from PAGE 7. Thats v0.3 and that is sitting at my HDD. Id like to upload this v0.3 which would include all the stuff which was added laters but I dont want to miss anything or include bad version...

also, there seems to be a problem with inverted red bricks in the interrior set 340 - so that should be solved before adding it to the pack.

I added those grey bricks from AlexanderSig (324_1-0 and 324_0-0) as well now.

AS IT LOOKS NOW - only thing I miss is the 340 set updated with reversed bricks by AlexanderSig... rest of the work is unreleased yet.
Here it is. We need to set up a dropbox that every contributor can add to. You can expect a lot of new textures and revisions from me in the near future.
Attachments
340_1-0.png
340_1-0.png (948.37 KiB) Viewed 3559 times

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Texture 171

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Yep, somebody needs to consolidate this stuff.
We have 2 texture packs on the released mods page, and VMblast's textures are included with 2.0.
Also, the inn sign in 2.0 is already included with AlexanderSig's 1.39 of hand painted.
Add to this, these new textures Alexander is doing, and 3.0 being on the horizon (which I have been eagerly awaiting).
Flabbergastery is imminent.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ha, looks like the shopkeeper is saying loooook at the lovely textures in my shop!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

@ VMblast Good eye man.
Attachments
340_1-0 fixed.jpg
340_1-0 fixed.jpg (436.06 KiB) Viewed 3527 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Set 114

Having some trouble with the exterior windows. Seems like whatever I put in place of the old windows just gets overwritten by the original sprite. I get that this is done for the day/night cycles but is there some technique I'm missing?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

about last screenshot comparison: this texture looks quite different than the original (no small stones). it also has a bit of a plastic look. Not sure, but I think it is the artificial look that bothers me here a bit. Original texture seems to have more rounded stones (and some smaller ones and less regular pattern)
But as always, this is just my opinion. Lets see if there is other feedback soon ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That was my first impression as well - looks like a plastic faux-stone toy house to me.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Nystul wrote:about last screenshot comparison: this texture looks quite different than the original (no small stones). it also has a bit of a plastic look. Not sure, but I think it is the artificial look that bothers me here a bit. Original texture seems to have more rounded stones (and some smaller ones and less regular pattern)
But as always, this is just my opinion. Lets see if there is other feedback soon ;)
Your observation is correct. The reason for its -plasticky- look is that it is too stylized, but in cartoony way (there are many levels and ways/directions of stylization -aka painting approach). Also the stone size, as you've said, is too large in this particular comparison.

MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Give a little bit of "dirt" to the textures, add a layer. They are good but also to clean, to perfect.