[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Handpainted model replacement project

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote:
Midknightprince wrote:
do you have a list of stuff on here so I can hunt these things down ?
Heres what I found so far.
Do you mean list of models in the mod? Here it is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... Xnbts/edit

Sweet you're the boss
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

@AlexanderSig

That's incredible dude :shock:
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Can you check the lamp model (210_29) for misassigned materials? According to log, the game fails to set filtermode on a texture.

EDIT
Sometimes these are hung on the wall but they miss the bottom.
screen0 (2).png
screen0 (2).png (757.6 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
screen1.png
screen1.png (510.26 KiB) Viewed 3283 times

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

TheLacus wrote:Can you check the lamp model (210_29) for misassigned materials? According to log, the game fails to set filtermode on a texture.

EDIT
Sometimes these are hung on the wall but they miss the bottom.

screen0 (2).png
screen1.png
Thanks! Will fix the cupboards for next update.

Can't see anything out of the ordinary on the lamps pic: http://i.imgur.com/r7mkuWK.png. Will be using your day/night script on the lamps during my 2nd pass at the models. Is it complicated to apply?

Here's today's progress, WIP obviously :) Image

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Very cool WIP! As the rest of the models, of course :)

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

That broom looks like it shouldn't stay upright. Wedge the top of the broom into the top right corner of the shelf or something.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Finished the tools then I took the barrel model from it and added it as a replacement to the 2d flat barrels.

Started work on the signs. I'm going to have a lot more variation in my models. The plank board I used for the armor shop will only be used for armor and weapon shops for example. I will make several different board models for example one for temples, another for mages guild/jewellry etc.

I've split the sign model into 3 pieces that will make it very easy for me to mix and match to create a lot of variation. Also, not every hanging sign will have the metal bar like in the screenshot.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Alexander, this stuff is amazing! Magnificent, really! Sign texture (the helmet) is kinda meh, but the models - they are so awesome! Maybe Vladimir will remake sign textures in the future :D

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Good work with the new models!
AlexanderSig wrote: Can't see anything out of the ordinary on the lamps pic: http://i.imgur.com/r7mkuWK.png.
Me neither. Can you send me the .unitypackage via pm so i can give a closer look? I'd like to find out what's causing the log string.
Will be using your day/night script on the lamps during my 2nd pass at the models. Is it complicated to apply?
Not at all. You can find all info at the end of this page :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

@TheLacus will do :)
NikitaTheTanner wrote:Alexander, this stuff is amazing! Magnificent, really! Sign texture (the helmet) is kinda meh, but the models - they are so awesome! Maybe Vladimir will remake sign textures in the future :D
Thank you!

Here are the variations I've started making. Every piece is compatible with every other piece and can have any sign texture, this is actually really fun for me to play around with :)

I think these variations will not only be aesthetically pleasing but may make navigating around the city slightly easier because you can navigate by silhouettes.

I will be grouping them up into categories and each category will have their own board design
  • Planks: Armor + Weapon shops
  • Circular: All the 8x temples
  • Magic (2nd from right in pic): Alchemist, Mages Guild, Library
  • Something fancy: Bank, Clothes, Jewellry, General, Pawn shop
  • Unique: taverns