[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Handpainted model replacement project

Post by Midknightprince »

@AlexanderSig Always.

That's my part in this thing I feel
Like, I gotta do it, spread the word, do playtesting like a mofo, get you guys some attention, maybe even more help hopefully.

You guys are doing the hard stuff (and I know this shit is hard).

It's a bigtime pleasure for me (you have no idea) Watching "my game" get hooked up like this, and being just a small part of that.
So cool dude, so cool.
I love it.....

So get the feels, breathe the good air, and I'll just keep doing my thing for this project.
Because you guys are rocking this thing, and I'm gonna show the fricken world.
Like I said, its amazing.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Arl

Post by Arl »

Glad my comment is useful, I wish I'm not giving the impresion that I'm nitpicking too much (and look like that NPC in the screenshot, not giving the value and apreciation your work deserves).

That shelve is one of your finest models, you kept all the details from the original texture with the book's placement and all, and you knew where and how to deviate from the original source for the better.

Keep up the good work!
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Midknightprince

Ok, here's the new one, 1080x60.
Straightup gameplay..

SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare »

@AlexanderSig

Hi there! I wanted to say that I really love what you're doing. However, I think that some of the beds are way out of proportion from anything else. If you look at about 1:10 of Zeta's recent video https://youtu.be/FS2SjqpEQtQ?t=1m10s, the bed here is very short, very small, and has legs that are far too weak to support it. I do not think a human could sleep in one of these by either mass or volume. In my opinion, I think they need to be scaled up by 40% or 50%.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

SouthpawHare wrote:@AlexanderSig

Hi there! I wanted to say that I really love what you're doing. However, I think that some of the beds are way out of proportion from anything else. If you look at about 1:10 of Zeta's recent video https://youtu.be/FS2SjqpEQtQ?t=1m10s, the bed here is very short, very small, and has legs that are far too weak to support it. I do not think a human could sleep in one of these by either mass or volume. In my opinion, I think they need to be scaled up by 40% or 50%.
Thanks!

The beds right now are in exactly the same size/shape as they were in the original game but I see your point. I am a little limited to how much I can expand their thickness because I don't want to create clipping issues with other objects that may lie on top of the beds but I can expand them toward the floor and make the legs thicker. I will try it out and see how it works :)

Finished up the stone caskets today. The color is different but I felt it looked weird when I tried to make it closer to the original color. Image I cheated a little bit and temporarily replaced corpses with skeletons because making a corpse mesh would take me a really long time. Also made some more shelves and a fountain variation today. The model count is now at 151

Midknightprince

AlexanderSig wrote:
Finished up the stone caskets today. The color is different but I felt it looked weird when I tried to make it closer to the original color. Image I cheated a little bit and temporarily replaced corpses with skeletons because making a corpse mesh would take me a really long time. Also made some more shelves and a fountain variation today. The model count is now at 151
I think it looks cool.
Hope this message looks like its sopposed too.
This quote stuff kinda confuses me.
But I will be waiting for these things :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

New release: v0.80
+13 models (total 154)
+Fixes: rail fences, empty shelf, fountain, sack shelf
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3579 ... np2SF9zTlk

Chests

Decided to do a new release early mostly because I really wanted to fix those terrible rail fences and I'm going to be busy with other stuff for the next few days.

Fences bugfix: http://i.imgur.com/w3B8ERv.png

Not bad for 24hrs :)

Midknightprince

AlexanderSig wrote:New release: v0.80
+13 models (total 154)
+Fixes: rail fences, empty shelf, fountain, sack shelf
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3579 ... np2SF9zTlk

Chests

Decided to do a new release early mostly because I really wanted to fix those terrible rail fences and I'm going to be busy with other stuff for the next few days.

Fences bugfix: http://i.imgur.com/w3B8ERv.png

Not bad for 24hrs :)
Oh man....It's gonna start again...mind melt down..I can't wait !

Midknightprince

Some more screens
Attachments
Nice house
Nice house
house.jpg (94.32 KiB) Viewed 3627 times
Lights and shadows from the fireplace
Lights and shadows from the fireplace
Direnni Tower.jpg (66.39 KiB) Viewed 3627 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I visited some buildings to see your recent additions and i have to join the others in giving you compliments. Bookshelves in particular are something i always wanted to see in 3d, it was great to boot up the game and see them with real depth and yet still so familiar.

This is my favourite model so far for this reason, but i believe the missing back is not intended. You talked about a sack shelf in your last update, maybe you didn't fix all the variations.
screen0.png
screen0.png (771 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
This is another great one but with a minor clipping problem when you approach the barrel from below.
screen1.png
screen1.png (548.22 KiB) Viewed 3593 times