[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: Handpainted model replacement project

Post by TheLacus »

Ok, here is the script. Place the files in a separate bundle with shelf models, like you did with buildings.
Shelf_HMRP

If you want, you can edit the .json file (with notepad) to generate different loot according to type (weapon stands, wardrobes etc.)

Is not required for the script functionality but you can set up gameobjects in two ways for a visual aid.
a. Have id.prefab. Add two children full.prefab and empty.prefab.
b. Use a single prefab with an Animation component and a clip called open

As suggested by Nystul, chance is based on luck in dungeons and Lockpicking in buildings.

I'm not sure how to deal with different mods using this script and working together. For now i added _HMRP to all components to avoid incompatibilities, maybe in the future i'll include all base classes in a single "Harvesting&Loot" mod and let single assets packs use looting through messages/reflection.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

TheLacus wrote:Ok, here is the script. Place the files in a separate bundle with shelf models, like you did with buildings.
Shelf_HMRP

If you want, you can edit the .json file (with notepad) to generate different loot according to type (weapon stands, wardrobes etc.)

Is not required for the script functionality but you can set up gameobjects in two ways for a visual aid.
a. Have id.prefab. Add two children full.prefab and empty.prefab.
b. Use a single prefab with an Animation component and a clip called open

As suggested by Nystul, chance is based on luck in dungeons and Lockpicking in buildings.

I'm not sure how to deal with different mods using this script and working together. For now i added _HMRP to all components to avoid incompatibilities, maybe in the future i'll include all base classes in a single "Harvesting&Loot" mod and let single assets packs use looting through messages/reflection.
Awesome! Thank you for this :)

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Hey, how would we go about modifying this for our own use/preferences? For example, I'd like to replace the 3D globe lights with the original flats without disabling the mod altogether. I tried extracting the text file and deleting the references to those assets, but they still show up in game. Any thoughts?

Best

Post by Best »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:Alexander, we love you! :D At least I really do! These things look mind-blowingly awesome! The bed, the pillow and the tavern sign with Vladimir's texture! So sweet!
It's totally awesome. I like them, i.e the bed and the pillow as well. It so much resembles my king sized [deleted] that probably I can't do without.I just didn't know if you guys knew about it.
Cheers!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Small update!
v1.39b
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3579 ... UZjVWNScFE
Best wrote:
NikitaTheTanner wrote:Alexander, we love you! :D At least I really do! These things look mind-blowingly awesome! The bed, the pillow and the tavern sign with Vladimir's texture! So sweet!
It's totally awesome. I like them, i.e the bed and the pillow as well. It so much resembles my king sized [deleted] that probably I can't do without.I just didn't know if you guys knew about it.
Cheers!
Thank you!
StarMadeKnight wrote:Hey, how would we go about modifying this for our own use/preferences? For example, I'd like to replace the 3D globe lights with the original flats without disabling the mod altogether. I tried extracting the text file and deleting the references to those assets, but they still show up in game. Any thoughts?
Don't know if that's possible. I've released a new version now that fixes the lighting issue for the interior lights.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote:Small update!
v1.39b

Thank you !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Cool update, keep up the good work! The lighting really makes things closer to vanilla and that's a good thing, though now with cool new 3D models and awesome new textures!
Cheers!
Thank you!
Your work is really great, but I am afraid that is message is just spam, I personally loled when I first read it :lol: Maybe not and then I apologize to Best, but the message is so non-sensical in this context! Can't do without the bed that's just like that?! :roll:

DMKW

Post by DMKW »

I think the only criticism I can give on this last image is that the hanging lantern is of much better quality than then hanging fire globe thing. Not sure if the globe is just a product of dated graphics but I believe if it was made today, it would look more like a yellow frosted glass globe with a candle inside, instead of a big orange/yellow ball. It would still look like a decorative yellow ball but less dated and more in line with the lantern pictured on the right. Just an opinion.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

DMKW wrote:I think the only criticism I can give on this last image is that the hanging lantern is of much better quality than then hanging fire globe thing. Not sure if the globe is just a product of dated graphics but I believe if it was made today, it would look more like a yellow frosted glass globe with a candle inside, instead of a big orange/yellow ball. It would still look like a decorative yellow ball but less dated and more in line with the lantern pictured on the right. Just an opinion.
No, no, no, Those 3D globe lamps (as with all the sprites Alexander has turned into 3D objects) are some of the coolest features in DFU modding period.
Way better that classic.
I think they're a holdover from DaggerXL actually, and out of the kindness of his heart he chose to bestow them upon us.

I think they rule, and those hanging lanterns in houses and stuff.
It's insanely awesome.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Alexander, Ive noticed something about one of the lanterns... it doesnt drop a shadow as it is supposed to, here is the screen

PS: the yellowish emitted light and halo is very good, all light sources should be like that ;)
01.jpg
01.jpg (195.75 KiB) Viewed 4517 times