[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Handpainted model replacement project

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote:
Model+texture I made for DaggerXL in 2012. How do you guys feel about this texture?
Yes please.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

This looks pretty good, I especially like the gravestone on the right! Maybe a bit darker + a little more details and it will be perfect! The left one is also good, but the text is kinda hard to read and it looks kinda lowres at this angle.

But I would love to see you at least try painting the gravestones, I think the results will be pretty cool! Add some nice details, skulls, other elements to make them stand out a bit. Nothing too fancy, but atmospheric details. Also, don't be afraid to change some of the shapes if you encounter repetitive once, I think there are some repeating models. Overall, I am really looking forward to what you can do!

P.S. I am an idiot, on the left is the default model and texture, lol :lol: That pretty much nails what I was talking about - good change of shape, though keep some simple ones as well :) Variety is gold - from simple graves to elaborate ones. Would be epic I think.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Haven't done details for the textures yet. Just trying to find a good color combination at this point, how do you guys feel about these colors?

Far left is the old texture for comparison. Far right is a color that's less related to vanilla than the other but I think it looks nice.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

You killing it with the new models Alexander (in a good sense)

ad the last screen, I think the texture colours are appropriate. Only thing I would change is that the new models look too pristine. If you managed to add the green moss which is present on the original textures, it would fit better the original look. Those graves should look a bit more weathered - if thats possible to do without too much hassle I mean.

Thanks for your awesome work!

NikitaTheTanner

Yeah, the colors are okay overall, but it's hard to say how they would look in game right now as the textures are almost plastic looking. I understand that this is just WIP, still nice progress.

Right now though, I think the textures you did before look really nice and I especially love models in the background, they just look awesome! They have this decay on them, plus I think stone looks pretty good on the tombstones, doesn't have to be marble.
Last edited by NikitaTheTanner on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Hey there, unbelievable how fast things are advancing here... I am unable to keep up. :)

Regarding this table:
ImageThe original table seems to be a bit taller. An archer in the Privateer's hold just walked across your beautiful new table no problem... :D The table looks good, though the color does not match the original.

Anyway, this mod is awesome. :)

NikitaTheTanner

An archer in the Privateer's hold just walked across your beautiful new table no problem... :D
I seem to recall that happening in the original game from time to time, so I am not sure it's the models causing it... maybe, I am confusing something though.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

ifkopifko wrote:Hey there, unbelievable how fast things are advancing here... I am unable to keep up. :)

Regarding this table:
The original table seems to be a bit taller. An archer in the Privateer's hold just walked across your beautiful new table no problem... :D The table looks good, though the color does not match the original.

Anyway, this mod is awesome. :)
Yeah, I reported same. For my personal opinion it just requre unicle model for this cell

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

I would like to ask for advice from AlexanderSig. I'm working on torch replacement but i dont know how to add flame particles to the model prefab in Unity. How did he added flame and glow to his fireplace model?
Last edited by quasifex on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

quasifex wrote:I would like to ask for advice from AlexanderSig. I'm workning on torch replacement but i dont know how to add flame particles to the model prefab in Unity. How did he added flame and glow to his fireplace model?
Hey, looks good! You can start by downloading this particle pack: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/73777