[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
quasifex

Re: Handpainted model replacement project

Post by quasifex »

@AlexanderSig
Ok, i downloaded them. What should i do next?

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

quasifex wrote:@AlexanderSig
Ok, i downloaded them. What should i do next?
Search for FlamesParticleEffect in the search bar in Unity then drag that prefab onto your model. Flame needs to be set as a child object to your torch model to show up ingame.

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

@AlexanderSIg
Thanks, i got it now. Although, It still needs some tweaking. For instance, as soon as i turn away from flame it stops emitting light. Also it has some problems with RealtimeReflections mod - light reflection is seen through walls. Not a biggie for me,anyways. Now I'm going to create few more models to start my flats replacement project.
Attachments
torch_common.jpg
torch_common.jpg (60.2 KiB) Viewed 9580 times

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

quasifex wrote:@AlexanderSIg
Thanks, i got it now. Although, It still needs some tweaking. For instance, as soon as i turn away from flame it stops emitting light. Also it has some problems with RealtimeReflections mod - light reflection is seen through walls. Not a biggie for me,anyways. Now I'm going to create few more models to start my flats replacement project.
Awesome! Great to have more people making models. If you use the DaggerfallLight [Interior] prefab for your model instead of the lighting effect bundled with the particle effect then the lighting should be exactly the same as in the original.

New release: v1.39
+18 new models (total 265) including weapon shelves, anvil, some gravestones and VMBlast's fighters guild
+Doors and winter prefabs now working for city walls.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3579 ... FVtUmlXVzg

Note: I split the mod into two separate .dfmod files now. One contains every model I've made and the other contains the buildings that VMBlast has made. If you are having performance issues you can now disable either part of the project. Since the names are different you will now have to delete or disable older versions of the mod you may have running.
Note 2: the limited amount of gravestones have unfinished textures.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Example prefabs include Partycle system destroyer (and Partycle system multiplier), if you remove it the partycle system won't be killed anymore. Also you can tweak the particles as you want with the Partycle System component in the inspector.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

AlexanderSig wrote: New release: v1.39
+18 new models (total 265) including weapon shelves, anvil, some gravestones and VMBlast's fighters guild

Note: I split the mod into two separate .dfmod files now. One contains every model I've made and the other contains the buildings that VMBlast has made. If you are having performance issues you can now disable either part of the project. Since the names are different you will now have to delete or disable older versions of the mod you may have running.
Note 2: the limited amount of gravestones have unfinished textures.
Thnx for implementing those elements. Cheers. ;)

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

This house models is tavern and that other set of buildings?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Also it has some problems with RealtimeReflections mod - light reflection is seen through walls. Not a biggie for me,anyways.
yeah I also encountered this problem once. Not sure if that can be fixed tbh ;) is related to backface culling and reflection camera viewpoint

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote:
New release: v1.39
Oh man, it is so frickin cool, and it runs like butta :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

@VMblast
They look gorgeous in my game :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!