Compass retexture

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
quasifex

Compass retexture

Post by quasifex »

HOW TO INSTALL:
Put COMPBOX.IMG.png and COMPASS.IMG.png from preferred style folder into "...\StreamingAssets\Textures\Img" folder.
If you have no "Img" folder, you need to create it yourself.
preview.png
preview.png (118.49 KiB) Viewed 6306 times
Attachments
Compass Textures.zip
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 533 times
Last edited by quasifex on Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Arl

Re: Compass retexture

Post by Arl »

It's beautiful!

I like the ornamentation a lot, as well as those details that mark the center of the compass.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Very good stuff! I like it :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

In the far future this could work as a mod where pc can buy different compass in stores. Pc could then equip one compass and it will reflect in the ui visualization on the screen ;)

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

In the far future this could work as a mod where pc can buy different compass in stores. Pc could then equip one compass and it will reflect in the ui visualization on the screen
Not sure about different compasses in stores, this seems kinda excessive. Unless there would be several awesome mods and it can be a solution to make them sorta compatible. Still, I think that UI should work together and every element fit. Maybe have a few different versions to choose from in menus, not buy in stores. But that's just me :)

The compass is awesome, I really like it. It's both HD and really old-school in a very cool way! Definitely fits the game. Though I would like blue letters to be darker or more distinct, otherwise they would be very hard to see if the compass is scaled down and I don't think everybody will want to see a huge compass on the screen all the time.

Think of mods like Immersive HUD for Skyrim and Darnified UI for Oblivion. Most players prefer as little HUD on the screen as possible, even if it is so cool looking.

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

I finally finished it (got carried of by my job and just being lazy 8-) )
Also tried to create transparent one, but it seems that COMPASS.IMG doesn't support alpha.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

They look great. (And the Windows 95 one brings back a lot of memories ;) )

Yo ho, ho, ho, a pirate's life for me. I'm keeping it!

quasifex wrote:Also tried to create transparent one, but it seems that COMPASS.IMG doesn't support alpha.
Daggerfall uses a bright pink as alpha. Did you try direct transparency or a bright pink hue?

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Awesome job!

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

OMG! So awesome! I love classic and wooden versions the most! :D Though others are pretty fancy as well!

Plus, DAEDRIC RUNES! :lol:

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

Daggerfall uses a bright pink as alpha.
Oh, didn't know that. Allright, i will update archive later with transparent one to make it more immersive as Nikita proposed earlier.