No nudity patch

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
username

No nudity patch

Post by username »

Hi, this i a mod to remove nudity from Daggerfall Unity.
It works by swapping out sprites with nudity for similar sprites without it. I never got around to finishing this mod, so it doesn't work 100%.

Download

If anyone wants to finish the mod, or do something with it feel free to - but please give credit, and tell me about it here.

Original post:
Spoiler!
IMPORTANT NOTES:
-This is a patch not a re creation of the textures, it simply switches out the sprites with nudity with similar ones that do not contain it, the result is usually pretty good but does vary.
-This patch is not complete yet.
-As of now I don't plan to edit any of the paintings containing nudity.
-I can't guarantee that this patch works properly, although it should, I may have misnamed any of the many files.
-I am not replacing the paper doll (player image in inventory) sprites as there is a toggle for that in the options menu already.

OK, so as of now I have completed all of the flats except for the daedra lords (Some still need some work as they are either stretched or do not have the most appropriate replacement) and all three monsters (nymphs, daedra seducers and lamia (lamias still have streched textures at this point).

Downloads:
Latest:0.3.1
Changes:
-Better Nymph scaling for sideways attack animations (still needs work)

Old versions:
Notes:This version doesn't actually contain the lamia fix.

To install simply extract the zip and place the images directly into ...\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures (If Textures folder does not exist yet just create it manually)
IMPORTANT:Place the images contained inside the "No nudity" folder Directly into the "Textures" folder, do not just place the "No nudity" folder inside the "Textures" folder.

Also check out Jay_H's patch for less violent corpses, there is a special version to keep compatibility with this patch.

Known limitations:
Flats are often slightly stretched

Whats replaces what:
-Nymphs have been replaced by female mages, unfortunately they couldn't seem to fit through doors so I had to set their size to 80%.
-Daedra seducers have been replaced with themselves (I just re used there not transformed animations for when they are transformed)
-Lamias have been replaced by Dreughs, at the moment there is still quite severe stretching, I should be fixing this once a version of DF Unity actually spawns these in though.

Sprite groups I have "fixed"

DONE=Done, no further work planned.
WORK PLANNED=Done, might change before "proper" release though.
WORK REQUIRED=Done the initial fix but it contains major issues (usually significant stretching).
Spoiler!
==Textures==

Dadra lords

176 --WORK PLANNED--
Dark brotherhood

179 --WORK PLANNED--
Witch coven

181 --WORK REQUIRED--
Temple

182 --WORK PLANNED--
Common people

184 --WORK PLANNED--
NPC 2

186 --WORK PLANNED--
Test big flats

202 --WORK PLANNED--
Statues

265/406 --WORK PLANNED--
Nymph

284/400 --DONE--
Daedra seducer

297/305 --WORK REQUIRED
Lamia
Last edited by username on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:38 am, edited 14 times in total.
Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

Jay_H

Re: No nudity patch

Post by Jay_H »

Right on! :) My solution was always fairly junky-looking, so it's good to see something with a lot more promise to it. I remember this was one of the first things I demanded when I got here to the forums. Excellent to see! Thank you!

username

Post by username »

Jay_H wrote:Right on! :) My solution was always fairly junky-looking, so it's good to see something with a lot more promise to it. I remember this was one of the first things I demanded when I got here to the forums. Excellent to see! Thank you!
Thanks, but my patch actually looks pretty bad to due to the weird stretching, that being said (hopefully) still better than nothing for some people, I expect someone to make a better mod eventually anyway.

Edit:The stretching has mostly been fixed :D.
Last edited by username on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@username
Why would you hide nudity?

username

Post by username »

VMblast wrote:@username
Why would you hide nudity?
Some people just don't want it and some people have to play on public/family computers.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

username wrote: Sprites are usually slightly stretched
They are placed on the same mesh used for vanilla sprites. You can make your textures with the same proportions as the originals or you can include an additional xml file with the new size.

username

Post by username »

TheLacus wrote:
username wrote: Sprites are usually slightly stretched
They are placed on the same mesh used for vanilla sprites. You can make your textures with the same proportions as the originals or you can include an additional xml file with the new size.
I don't know any programming so I can't do the xml file stuff unfortunately.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

No programming involved, you just need to edit this file to adjust to your situation.

Code: Select all

<?xml version=”1.0″?>
<info>
<scaleX>1</scaleX>
<scaleY>1</scaleY>
</info>
But, as i said, you don't need this if your texture have the same size as the original ;)

username

Post by username »

<?xml version=”1.0″?>
<info>
<scaleX>1</scaleX>
<scaleY>1</scaleY>
</info>
So do I need to name the xml files anything specific, also do input the sprites name into the "info" field and is scale where i need to input the dimension? Sorry about this I'm just a bit incompetent when it comes to this kind of stuff :(

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

username wrote:

<?xml version=”1.0″?>
<info>
<scaleX>1</scaleX>
<scaleY>1</scaleY>
</info>
So do I need to name the xml files anything specific, also do input the sprites name into the "info" field and is scale where i need to input the dimension? Sorry about this I'm just a bit incompetent when it comes to this kind of stuff :(
Are you sure you really need sizes to be different?
If you need this, it's not difficult anyway ;)
Create one for each texture, called Archive_Record-0.xml. Scale is the ratio to size of vanilla texture, don't edit anything else.