Modern Interface

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
User avatar
Hazelnut
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: Modern Interface

Postby Hazelnut » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:08 pm

I hope people are liking the info panel now it's in the latest build. Note the scrolling update issue has been fixed, but it was a little tricky. Fix will be in next build.

Anyway, as I said I would, I've been working on enhanced item lists that still work within the classic inventory UI confines. Here's what it's looking like. Bit busy, and the text labels are misaligned, but it works really well - especially if you have a full cart!

What do you all think? Anyone want this?

enhancedItemList.png
enhancedItemList.png (500.03 KiB) Viewed 227 times


(note: right click and view image, then click to see full size)
Last edited by Hazelnut on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
NikitaTheTanner
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: Modern Interface

Postby NikitaTheTanner » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:24 pm

It does look much better overall already! Keep up the good work, Haz! I love it :)
User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Modern Interface

Postby Midknightprince » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Hazelnut wrote:
Looking forward to a video showing bow action!

8-)

(and hopefully all the inventory/trade stuff I've been working on will get a look in too)


Prepare yourself to bask in the glory of your creation.
It looks GOOOOOOD.
I love this build :D :D :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!
User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 918
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Modern Interface

Postby Jay_H » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:44 pm

I say it'll only feel busy until you get used to it. To me it's intuitive and it fits into the existing UI.

The text box is fantastic, by the way. Your improvements have been brilliant.
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
User avatar
Interkarma
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:51 am

Re: Modern Interface

Postby Interkarma » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 pm

This looks and feels great, Hazelnut. Will update builds when I can to get this out to everybody.
User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 918
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Modern Interface

Postby Jay_H » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Interkarma wrote:This looks and feels great, Hazelnut. Will update builds when I can to get this out to everybody.

I (jokingly) feel like there'll have to be a "bleeding edge" update schedule to accommodate the stream of awesomeness everyone's developing :D
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
User avatar
quasifex
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: Modern Interface

Postby quasifex » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:12 am

This new inventory definitely is going to be better than original. But i think it could be pushed even further. I came up with this layout concept. What do you think, is it possible to implement it?
Attachments
enhancedItemList_2.0_concept.jpg
enhancedItemList_2.0_concept.jpg (236.57 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Sorry for my bad grammar, English is not my native language.
Compass textures for Daggerfall: http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=630
User avatar
Arl
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Modern Interface

Postby Arl » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 am

Hazelnut wrote:I hope people are liking the info panel now it's in the latest build. Note the scrolling update issue has been fixed, but it was a little tricky. Fix will be in next build.

Anyway, as I said I would, I've been working on enhanced item lists that still work within the classic inventory UI confines. Here's what it's looking like. Bit busy, and the text labels are misaligned, but it works really well - especially if you have a full cart!

What do you all think? Anyone want this?

enhancedItemList.png

(note: right click and view image, then click to see full size)



Oh my! this is amazing!

I already tolerate vanilla inventory just fine, but this would be a must have for me from now on.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.
User avatar
Biboran
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Re: Modern Interface

Postby Biboran » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 am

I think it possible to remove this buttons like "info" "gold" "wagon" etc. since you now able to see info and make all that operation without buttons. Also I think it possible to show info when you place cursor on object and info pop out like in morrowind
User avatar
Feralwarlord
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Modern Interface

Postby Feralwarlord » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:37 am

Biboran wrote:I think it possible to remove this buttons like "info" "gold" "wagon" etc. since you now able to see info and make all that operation without buttons. Also I think it possible to show info when you place cursor on object and info pop out like in morrowind

wagon is still necessary for the buy/sell window

Return to “Creator's Corner”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest