NPC Flats Addendum

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
StarMadeKnight

NPC Flats Addendum

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Latest version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewffvvbho546f ... s.zip?dl=0

Hey y'all, joined the forum today after seeing jmanowar's post that he's going on hiatus for a little while - I wanted to pick up some of the work of upscaling the NPC flats, because this is genuinely the part of Daggerfall Unity that I'm most excited about.

I started with my favorite Daggerfall NPC, both in terms of personality and visual design. I tried to echo the styles of jmanowar and epicurius so that it will be cohesive with the hires sprites already in game, and I wanted to make her face more like her portrait, while also correcting Bethesda's mistake in terms of her race. However, to be honest I'm not terribly experienced with modding Daggerfall, so I'd appreciate any guidance that people can provide as far as turning this into a usable asset, and anyone who'd be willing to playtest it would be fantastic :) And of course, if there's an interest, I'll keep going with these as long as I'm able.
Last edited by StarMadeKnight on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Interkarma

Re: NPC Flats Addendum

Post by Interkarma »

Hey StarMadeKnight, welcome to the forums! :)

That's a cracking first post, great work on that flat. You'll find more information on adding textures to the game in this tutorial by TheLacus.

Generally just need to name texture in correct format, place into StreamingAssets/Textures folder, and enable graphical mods from the startup window. All the details are in linked page.

If you get stuck, please don't hesitate to post and someone should be able to help. Good luck!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Amazing work!

To get this particular texture working ingame you would need to name it 183_9-0.png and drop it in the StreamingAssets/Textures folder.

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Thanks guys :) I tweaked this a little bit, still chasing that painterly look that other flats have, I also gave her pupils and improved the eyes and face a little.

DL Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lshi6egnx47pc ... 0.PNG?dl=0

I don't have the ability at the moment to test this in-game, would somebody be willing to test it and post a screen here so that I know it's working? I wasn't really sure which export settings to use for the PNG.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I just gave it a shot, and she's the same:
I also corrected the PNG to png for Linux, but that didn't help.
Last edited by Jay_H on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

StarMadeKnight wrote: I don't have the ability at the moment to test this in-game, would somebody be willing to test it and post a screen here so that I know it's working? I wasn't really sure which export settings to use for the PNG.
Screenshot (28).png
Screenshot (28).png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 13615 times
Here you go

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Hm. The second picture is the Andyfall version of Barenziah, not mine. Im not in front of my computer now, but i think the problem may be that Barenziah's flat shows up in a couple of different folders - the game may be referencing the Wayrest flats instead of the noble ones.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I noticed the dimensions are hi-res, and the file size is about 1.6 megs. TheLacus, Alexander, any idea on whether that'll affect implementation?

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

StarMadeKnight wrote:Hm. The second picture is the Andyfall version of Barenziah, not mine. Im not in front of my computer now, but i think the problem may be that Barenziah's flat shows up in a couple of different folders - the game may be referencing the Wayrest flats instead of the noble ones.
OK, yeah it seems this isn't yours I removed the file from the textures folder and turned support for graphical mods off and still got the same version of Barenziah

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Here it is. The problem was that there were 2 separate files for Barenziah but only 1 seems to be used. The filename for the used version is 346_22-0.png