NPC Flats - Waifu upscaling

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Midknightprince

Re: NPC Flats - Waifu upscaling

Post by Midknightprince »

Is it ok to use Skyrim stuff I wonder ?
The bag, anvil, and wagon look skyrim :o
I don't know if its ok, or not....just sayin.

I'm too stuck on the handpainted look on most your stuff (monster corpse = awesome!).

Just MHO tho, will have to check it out in game because.....why the frick not ?
Ahhhh the joy !
Seriously, I love this stuff :D
Your awesome dude
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Bag, Anvil and Storage Crate is Skyrim, anvil is heavily edited that means its not skyrim anymore, Bag is processed as well, fck em. Its a mod. They can come sue me :P As long is its not 100% copy paste its not a problem Id say - and even if it was copy paste? Its a 2d screenshot of a 3d model :lol: Char backgrounds are cuts from TESO loading screens so what, they are all further processed anyway. Im sure its not a problem at all. I think it fits because its from the same Elder Scrolls LORE and thats the only thing I care about atm

I might make the changes as a optional download, and base will be just upscaled... time will tell.. and theres a lot of time ahead anyway .) Half of my upscaled textures do not work ingame yet, we need to wait, report etc... and thats what I do.

And yes, its necessary to see it ingame, in a new HD inventory etc its looks really good IMO

I play with some char portraits, takes a long time and head hurts, I try to find similar images, colorize, cut, edit... they dont work ingame so its hard to tell... some fit a lot, some dont
04.jpg
04.jpg (187.13 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
I also renamed and converted and post-processed the set I gathered on the internet from luthojar, its ready, we need the game to show it tho.. thats like 30 images of this quality
FACES.CIF_2-0.png
FACES.CIF_2-0.png (893.66 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
I added the cleaned and repaired Underking from a poster plus the 8 above mentioned portraits, all handpainted style and good quality
FACES.CIF_8-0.png
FACES.CIF_8-0.png (695.59 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

Midknightprince

Those portraits actually do match, they're still gonna be small on-screen so I think they'll fit in.
You must have spent awhile looking for all that stuff :D
My textures folder is already desecrated beyond belief, what's a few (or 30) npc portraits ehh :lol:
I'm actually getting hooked on this texture thing, it's scary...

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

King of Worms wrote: thanks man, maybe if you find some good pictures which might work, send me some links or files, I can try..

Anyway, Im still in the inventory system, doing some icons.. at least those which are working now
Againg, this takes a lot of time, because you need to try lots of variants, sizes, colours etc :X These look quite ok so far IMO
I made some others as well but I cant find those ingame now
inventory icons.jpg
Great work on the icons. The only creative critique I have is that font is wrong. It feels out of place with the rest of the fantasy project such as Daggerfall.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Midknightprince wrote:Those portraits actually do match, they're still gonna be small on-screen so I think they'll fit in.
You must have spent awhile looking for all that stuff :D
My textures folder is already desecrated beyond belief, what's a few (or 30) npc portraits ehh :lol:
I'm actually getting hooked on this texture thing, it's scary...
Yes it might fit, thing is, everything must be seen ingame, sometimes you think that something will be great, than u see it ingame and you know it sucks, and vice versa... its neverending try and error circle haha

Yea I saw some of your vids, some textures you use Ive never seen. Those on the bigger graves for example. Would be great if you could choose the best of them and share, I might add them to the texture pack or whatever...

And yes, its addictive :P Even this "work" I do now... but I love it, its a good hobby lets say. And I "work" on the best RPG ever made IMO, and the game Ive spend the best times with, so... DESACRATION TIME!!! HAHA... today Im done, my GF is on her way to save me from death because of prolonged desacration process... but tomorrow... damn.. :twisted:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi WMBlast, thanks for comment! Hmm... you mean those numbers, like weight etc? Thats the old original daggerfall font and it indeed sucks. Those other white texts are there only to show it on this forum - so ppl know which icon will be used where. Ingame, there will be no texts like that. That font would be disasterous for sure :)

Midknightprince

I have pretty much all the texture packs, scrambled around in my folder.
I have literally switched EVERYTHING around by checking it out in-game, switching numbers, adding XML files, tuning stuff in etc.
I even changed some of the vanilla stuff to new textures once i found the # (so fricking addictive).

So the only thing that's not changed is the terrain flats, and npc's if I add them (number wise) from the packs on here, so A LOT of stuff to go thru..
I was thinking of putting it on here, or just giving it to you guys to do that, give credit to people etc, but I was waiting for the rest of the terrain flats, and whatever else you were doing.
Sort of like a compilation of all the packs refined, because that's what it is IMO...

Wouldn't be that complicated, maybe i can take all the XML files out for the basic exp, and whoever did the real time reflections mod can just change the textures folder for that mod with mine and call if " freaking insane graffics mod" or something, because it looks pretty crazy in-game :shock:

All these textures are from the forums though, just mixed around, and nuked with XML files.
So yeah, something I've been knocking around in my head.
All I gotta do is zip this stuff up, seems easy enough, and would be cool to contribute something, even if it ain't mine really :D

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

King of Worms wrote:Hi WMBlast, thanks for comment! Hmm... you mean those numbers, like weight etc? Thats the old original daggerfall font and it indeed sucks. Those other white texts are there only to show it on this forum - so ppl know which icon will be used where. Ingame, there will be no texts like that. That font would be disasterous for sure :)
Sry, I wasnt precise. This font below.
inventory icons2.jpg
inventory icons2.jpg (25.43 KiB) Viewed 2695 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Id like to see that - if you dont mind. Call it Midnightprince compilation when its done, give credits and its ok :) Also, those xml files are your work anyway...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yup VMBlast, those kind of texts are there just for the forum-info porpose, they will not be in a final version - ingame