NPC Flats - Waifu upscaling

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: NPC Flats - Waifu upscaling

Post by King of Worms »

Midknightprince wrote:The necromancers wear red in scourge barrow, your guys are in black, must change them somewhere else, my guys are still the old ones..
I have everything but the npc monsters/corpses, and everytime I put a light flat in my folder it messes lights up, same thing happend with some torch textures, and the one for those globe lights in the other pack..
Small dungeons seemed to work ok with them, its when I went into the big ones with the monsters in...
Taking them out my ram is at like 2.5 gigs...
ok can be that the light exceeds the atlas size :D man... I cant be arsed with this, Im not a coder... if a 100kb flat can fck things up, what can I do ;) I reported this, thats where my ability ends. Oh and its not necromances but dark brotherhood, my memory is playing tricks here.

EDIT: And yes, its the monsters. Game is not ready for this now - thats why it is labeled experimental, dunno what more can be done now :D Im sure, given enough time, this will be dealt with, this is 1st time this is done, so problems are to be expected... am actually glad it has surfaced now, thats the only way forward

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

King of Worms wrote: ok can be that the light exceeds the atlas size :D man... I cant be arsed with this, Im not a coder... if a 100kb flat can fck things up, what can I do ;) I reported this, thats where my ability ends. Oh and its not necromances but dark brotherhood, my memory is playing tricks here.
Lol dont even worry about it, they look awesome.
Sounds like Interkarma or TheLacus would know more about this..
Ill just hold onto them, maybe just add the rat 4 now :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

yup, they will know what to do, there are some options already... but I guess the priority is to make the game actually complete, which makes sense atm :)

EDIT: Id say, use just the archives which are not labeled experimental at you will be safe to go.. minus the lights I guess

Midknightprince

Again, its just the monsters, and corpses.
Not the normal npcs, and everything else seems to be ok..
Love the bottles, and stuff too, AND now I know the hedge texture # !
Man, that is ALOT of stuff, way to go dude, it does look freaking amazing :D

Midknightprince

ok, took it out..
It's this long hanging light..
and the ghost is awesome :D
It has something to do with lights.
I don't think it's the texture atlas thing, like I said, every time I put a light flat in it messes up lights somewhere..
Attachments
Ghost.jpg
Ghost.jpg (501.76 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Hanging light.jpg
Hanging light.jpg (522.2 KiB) Viewed 3416 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

"every time I put a light flat in it messes up lights somewhere.."

thats because they are in a same atlas man, and that light causes atlas overflow, this results in fucked up flats elswhere

PS: Can you specify how you altered the textures so they have this kind of reflections. I saw your explanation in the screenshots thread, but its not specific, I dont know how to reproduce it.

Midknightprince

King of Worms wrote:"every time I put a light flat in it messes up lights somewhere.."

thats because they are in a same atlas man, and that light causes atlas overflow, this results in fucked up flats elswhere

PS: Can you specify how you altered the textures so they have this kind of reflections. I saw your explanation in the screenshots thread, but its not specific, I dont know how to reproduce it.
Ok, it's the gafon master textures by igor, and you need real time reflections mod.

So when you instal real time reflections, it has these XML files that match some of the texture #'s right ?
Just copy and paste one to desktop, rename it, and match it to any texture you want..
Now with the gafon master stuff, they come with this blue .png that says normal for some of the textures in the pack (textures, and blue .png with matching #'s).
So you just match the XML with those texture numbers.

Now open XML file and set values with notepad or whatever....
Metal = 0.0 -0. 5 (0.5 seems to be the max for metal), depending on how dark, and reflective you want a texture to look.
Smoothness = 0.7 on the gafon master stuff to get it to look like that (smoothness has to be 0.7 here, thats they key), on everything else, just depends on how you want it to look.

Now in the MOD part of Real Time, It's on default, and the smoothness is 0 (that's how I tuned the XML files to get that look).

Now you can change the names of all the building, dungeon, interiors, even those rocks to look any way you want, that's pretty much what I did, plus I found #'s by messing with stuff so I can add textures to vanilla stuff, so like the more textures you have the more stuff you can change cause you'll have the #.

PLUS, in the ini. file (user, LocalLow etc), where they added how you can change how textures are used, mine is set to 0 I think (seems to be more consistent with the map), so check that out if you haven't.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks man I will try today! I understand all but:

"Now you can change the names of all the building, dungeon, interiors, even those rocks to look any way you want"

Sorry for being so slow :) Can you be more specific at that part please?

And, do u know the texture names which create the Ship? I found only set 050 ship exterrior, but that covers very little of the actual ship. Id like to pimp that boat! :P

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hi! The docs explain how to use xml files, have a look ;)

Anyway, smoothness simulates how rough or smooth a material is. You tipically want a low value for wood and stone, and a higher value for glass.

Metallic affects the amount of reflections. When metallic is 0 there are no reflections, when is 1 you can't see the texture anymore because it fully reflects the environment.

Spoiler!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, I read thru your manuals many times and I have a clue, I can create a normal map and place it ingame as well now. Thing is, Midnightprince seems to have a bit of different method somehow and I want to get that as well :) This additional info is welcomed tho, ty !

Anyway, Lacus, I need to torture you again. Why is my mod destroying the memory so much? :/ It can saturate even 24gb ram pc....

How hard would be the implementation of the "same resolution" flats in a way textures for distant terrain are handled? So I can for example resize all flats to 2k a call it a day and save those problems with RAM/VRAM? Or is there any other way? I dont enjoy the fact that my 1gb pack is crashing the PCs memory and I dont want to reduce the resolution to 1/4 as that way the point of upscaling is gone... and we are in 2018 anyway. We have crazy hardware, lets use it