[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
RH666

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by RH666 »

I believe that can be done simply with the Recall spell once it's put back in.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

delvisomanda wrote:
Hazelnut wrote: Yes it only works in dungeons, this is by design and the code is specific to quest targets. I'm sure it would be possible to add overworld location compass markers, but I'm not sure the scale of the DF world would make it a worthwhile thing to do.
I was thinking, kind of like, on the fast travel, when you select a location, a pop-up message may appear asking if you want to "fast travel" or "place a marker". If "Fast Travel"is selected, the normal window appears. But if someone selects "place a marker" then they could use a system like yours.

I would love a system like that, because I love to travel from one dungeon to another on the world map, even if it's empty. :mrgreen:
Yeah would be nice, but I think not practical without a time dilation feature. I have had thoughts about such a thing, but I've plenty on my todo list already. I might reconsider once 1.0 is on the horizon. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Now there's an official build with the guild code in it, anyone can try out this mod. Just download build #102 and place mod file in StreamingAssets/Mods directory and check is enabled. Please report back whether it works for you or not, because sometimes the world data overriding doesn't seem to kick in. For instance it works fine on my Win10 PC and my current Linux laptop, but not an old Linux laptop for some reason. Nothing in the logs, so I'm interested if others have an issue.

Simplest way to check is to travel to any of the locations the guild should be at (that the character hasn't previously been to) and check the map for a guild that looks like this:
Screenshot from 2018-03-15 17-09-01.png
Screenshot from 2018-03-15 17-09-01.png (28.17 KiB) Viewed 7189 times
If you don't see that or when you enter the building has no npcs then the world data overriding is not working - please let me know. Hopefully it will work for everyone and my old laptop is an aberration.

Any (thoughtful) feedback on the guild is welcomed. There is one quest that you have to be a member to receive for testing, and you get a locator charge for doing it. Use the locator item charge when inside the dungeon and look for the blob that hovers over the quest target and can be seen through walls. The item moves to magic items list and can be stopped by using it again. It's automatically stopped when you leave the dungeon. Not implemented any threshold for amount explored yet so it works immediately when you enter the dungeon.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I just gave it a shot, and the buildings aren't converted for me :( It's gray on the automap and there are no NPCs inside. I'm on Linux.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think I figured out what the issue is. All asset replacement is enabled/disabled by a config switch and this includes the world data override assets. My old laptop had this disabled for some reason, although I don't recall ever setting this one way or the other.

Try again, and ensure that you enable "Allow Custom Assets" option in Advanced/Gameplay settings.

Seems this is the default setting for DFU installs and has been since being introduced in 2016. No idea why or when I switched this on for my new laptop and windows pc, I don't really use mods at all. Anyway I will update the install instructions in the original post.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yep, it works now :D Oh man, this stuff is mind-blowing. Now I guess it's waiting on me to deliver on those quests I promised :lol: I didn't test the locator device yet since I don't have time to rank up, but I'll try it later.

Also, the fact that the guild even appears in peasant directions... Brilliant!

I noticed the journal text for the quest isn't spaced properly. If you want I can correct it for you.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:03 pm Yep, it works now :D Oh man, this stuff is mind-blowing. Now I guess it's waiting on me to deliver on those quests I promised :lol: I didn't test the locator device yet since I don't have time to rank up, but I'll try it later.

Also, the fact that the guild even appears in peasant directions... Brilliant!

I noticed the journal text for the quest isn't spaced properly. If you want I can correct it for you.
Glad you like it. No rush for the quests, I will add them as you write em. Feel free to fix up the one I did, you can get it here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ajrb/ ... RCH001.txt

You don't need to wait for ranking up, just join guild and take the only quest. You should find a locator in your inventory after accepting.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ah, right, sorry. I sometimes don't read everything when I'm excited (which happens a lot on this forum :D ). I'll give it a try while I'm testing then!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Has anyone else tried the mod yet? Anyone tried the locator?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I plan to have a crack at this over the weekend. In fact, I'm looking forward to it! :)