[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Interkarma

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Interkarma »

Well this escalated quickly! :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Archaeologist quest #8: "Evidence Lost"

This is my first foray into the use of rumors, and predictably, it's quite easy! Big thanks to Nystul for helping me work on this one.

With this my commitment to provide 8 quests for the Archaeologists is complete ;) I'll still add on more from time to time, but I think this is a foundation to build on.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

New build released with two new JH quests. Link in OP updated.

https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods/re ... ld-0.2.zip
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 pm New build released with two new JH quests. Link in OP updated.

https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods/re ... ld-0.2.zip
It's an actual dfmod sweet
Someone needs to tell me when this happens, I am very lazy apparantly...
Does it just start or what ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You can look for the guild halls, they're placed throughout the world. (Hazelnut posted a list of where they are specifically, but I'm a little short on time, sorry :lol: )

I want to go back and really do good work on the Archaeologist quests. I don't want their current state to be presumed as their future or forever.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I need to update the mod with the last 2-3 quests Jay has done. I also need to get back to work to flesh out the thing too. What little time I've had has been focussed on DFU core.

Anyway to get started just find a guild hall, no different from FG or MG really, although the Archaeologists are not in every town/city. The hall appears blue on the map just like other guilds, and if you check the start of this thread I posted a list of locations just in case anyone had issue finding them.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Jay_H wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:58 pm Image
This is my first foray into the use of rumors, and predictably, it's quite easy! Big thanks to Nystul for helping me work on this one.
I somehow missed this post, but this is really cool stuff!

Midknightprince

When did the archaeologists start getting their own building ?
This stuff is amazing, I don't know how you did it, but I love this stuff.
Thank you guys, I will let you know how the quests play out, but everything's working so far.
I found a few of them, I'm intrigued by this stone they keep talking about, and it's a guild full of women (well except for the monk guy, and thank you for letting me finally see that beautiful Sprite in my game btw, I have been looking for that one everywhere), so what's not to like ?
Yep, I dig it..

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hope you don't mind but I moved your post from the quest topic over to here since it's about this mod. I assumed you posted it in the wrong place by accident.
Midknightprince wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:18 pm When did the archaeologists start getting their own building ?
Since the beginning of this mod. Literally the mod came about because when I was writing the guild management system I wanted to ensure that new guilds could be added by mods. I know from experience that you cannot be sure something is possible unless you prove it. Did you miss my blog post about the development process? https://www.dfworkshop.net/guild-systems/ give it a read.. it's not technical. Also I think it's clear if you read the first post in this thread which tells you all about the mod and plans for it...
This stuff is amazing, I don't know how you did it, but I love this stuff.
Thanks man, appreciation is nice and motivating. Will help me to get back to it and flesh it out. :) If you want to know how I did this (more than the blog post above) then check out my tutorial. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=901 ...this one is technical, so don't worry if it makes no sense. Unless you want to make your own guild mod it doesn't need to, but it will give you an idea how I did this.
Thank you guys, I will let you know how the quests play out, but everything's working so far.
I found a few of them, I'm intrigued by this stone they keep talking about, and it's a guild full of women (well except for the monk guy, and thank you for letting me finally see that beautiful Sprite in my game btw, I have been looking for that one everywhere), so what's not to like ?
Yep, I dig it..
I love how equal numbers (3 men & 3 women) is seen as full of women.. I guess you didn't open two of the doors to find the potion dudes. I think I did two variations, but can't really recall now. (the other would require you to leave daggerfall province but TBH I forget where)

What stone are they talking about? I'm as mystified as you on that one! Be interested to see what you think of the locator devices. I still have to code the restrictions on them, so if you have any feedback on my plans (see start of thread) then happy to hear it.

Glad you dig it man. :)

Midknightprince

Yeah, I saw the guys, it just sounded good :), and I think I read it, and ya I probably did know about them having a building, I guess I forgot.
Still, I wasn't prepared..