Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Jay_H »

With the constant help and guidance of Hazelnut,

Daggerfall Unity's first quest pack is now published.

These were previously shown in the Quest Showcase thread in the Quest Hub, but now the quests can be installed far more easily, and I think having a separate page for feedback and an official announcement make for a better jumpstart.

TO INSTALL:

1. Download zip file(s) below.

2. Extract the zip file(s) to \DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\QuestPacks.

TO REMOVE:

Delete the folder JH, or any guild's folder if you want to remove the quests relating to that guild. This will not affect the classic quests for that guild.

So no more editing quest lists or copying and pasting; installation is as simple as a click. Our hope is that by making these quests more conveniently available, more people will see how easy it is to make a DFU quest and feel motivated to do so.

Overwhelming thanks to Hazelnut for teaching me how to use github from start to finish and for making the quest pack system, to Interkarma for creating this whole thing, to Lypyl and Nystul for the foundational work they did for mods, to MidknightPrince for encouragement and playtesting, and to everyone who's shown an interest in the quests made so far. Thank you everyone, and I hope this shows people just how easy quest creation in DFU can be :)

DOWNLOAD HERE

Github Backup
Last edited by Jay_H on Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:08 am, edited 12 times in total.

Hazelnut

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Hazelnut »

Hooray, great stuff Jay!

I'd just like to clarify a couple of points:

- The Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild quests will not be available in game yet, just like their classic counterparts, as I still need to code those guilds. (will happen soon)

- As Jay says, you can delete the whole pack or just a specific guild subfolder if you don't want them in your game any more. Any issues with the quest pack system is likely to be my fault, and Jay is trailblazing and proving it works by releasing this first pack.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thats a lot of quests! And a lots of work on all frontiers to make this happen - I can imagine! Great job Jay and all of You who made this possible. Cant wait to see it on my Pc in few weeks when im back! Thanks for this contribution and pioneering steps!

Mosin Nagant

Post by Mosin Nagant »

37 Quests! Absolutely legendary, dude! I will definitely be downloading and playing through these :D !
Previously known as LordMordecai on DXL forums

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Bear in mind not all are accessible yet, however very soon a build will arrive that will make them all availiable. Putting finishing touches on Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood as I type. :) Nobles and commoner quests I did a couple days ago and are sitting in the PR queue.

When I decide to do something I am relentless! All the quests, now... :lol: lol

EDIT: Thieves guild is working, unfortunately the quest for joining Dark Brotherhood is not completable yet.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

I would love to play all these quests and translate them in the future, as well as the archaeologists mod, but I am quite busy with the current translation and my personal life, so I don't have time.
Hazelnut wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:55 pm Bear in mind not all are accessible yet, however very soon a build will arrive that will make them all availiable. Putting finishing touches on Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood as I type. :) Nobles and commoner quests I did a couple days ago and are sitting in the PR queue.

When I decide to do something I am relentless! All the quests, now... :lol: lol

EDIT: Thieves guild is working, unfortunately the quest for joining Dark Brotherhood is not completable yet.
How do I know which quests were modified in each future build? This will help me with the translation.
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm the one who updated the quests, so for now they'll be untouched. The Thieves Guild entry quest was compatible with DFU and the Dark Brotherhood was not, and those aren't things Hazelnut's going to modify. That can at least put your mind at ease, that, if it comes to it, I'll just transfer the translation once the DB quest is fixed :)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:10 pm With the constant help and guidance of Hazelnut,

Daggerfall Unity's first quest pack is now published.

Taking advantage of the recently added quest distribution system by Hazelnut, the first DFU quest pack adds seven Dark Brotherhood quests, eight Fighters Guild quests, ten Knightly Order quests, seven Mages Guild quests, three Temple quests, and two Thieves Guild quests, making a total of 37.

These were previously shown in the Quest Showcase thread in the Quest Hub, but now the quests can be installed far more easily, and I think having a separate page for feedback and an official announcement make for a better jumpstart.

TO INSTALL:

1. Download the zip file.

2. Extract the zip file to \DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\QuestPacks.

TO REMOVE:

Delete the folder JH, or any guild's folder if you want to remove the quests relating to that guild. This will not affect the classic quests for that guild.

So no more editing quest lists or copying and pasting; installation is as simple as a click. Our hope is that by making these quests more conveniently available, more people will see how easy it is to make a DFU quest and feel motivated to do so.
Overwhelming thanks to Hazelnut for teaching me how to use github from start to finish and for making the quest pack system, to Interkarma for creating this whole thing, to Lypyl and Nystul for the foundational work they did for mods, to MidknightPrince for encouragement and playtesting, and to everyone who's shown an interest in the quests made so far. Thank you everyone, and I hope this shows people just how easy quest creation in DFU can be :)
That is amazing dude, I like it.
And no more screwing with the tables, or quests folder.
I don't know how you guys are doing this stuff, but right on man.
And don't forget to "unblock" this thing if you got win 10 folks..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

So it should look like this right ?
streaming assets/questpacks/JH + the readme?
That is ALOT of stuff dude.
Be proud bro..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:29 am I'm the one who updated the quests, so for now they'll be untouched. The Thieves Guild entry quest was compatible with DFU and the Dark Brotherhood was not, and those aren't things Hazelnut's going to modify.
Erm, I did actually fix what I could of the DB quest. Had to shorcut a bit of it to allow players to join until some point in the future when Interkarma has done effects and can polish the quest stuff.

@Midknightprince: The quest packs were Interkarma's idea, and I programmed it. Glad you like it.