Daggerfall Unity 0.2 Test

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.2 Test

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for update and player log. :)
reporting_a_bug wrote:
Interkarma wrote: Not really encountered this before in current build. Perhaps a texture loading issue somewhere along the line. It would be very helpful if you could send me one of the affected save games and your output log for me to review. Details on where to find this are in the manual (on the last page under Feedback).
Since I cloned the test repo and tried it out just now, I can confirm this isn't happening anymore. The inventory window seems a lot more stable in general too.
Cool! There's been a few fixes to item handling and inventory window since 0.2.9 in April. With a bit of luck root problem has already been addressed.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Problem is, "Linux" isn't really accurate.

That is, there's the Linux kernel (which purpose in an OS is analogous to that of a game engine's in a game), and then there's various "versions of Linux" built on top of the Linux kernel. With different graphical front-ends, different command-line front-ends, different...Well, you get the idea.

So, unlike Windows or MacOS where, if you're talking about "the latest version", you're talking about the exact same OS as everyone else (theoretically; we all know how confused conversation can get), with Linux, different versions from different venders are, well, different.

So for Linux, you have Linux kernel versions (1.X, 2.X, 3.X, etc), and then you have vender versions (Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Gentoo, etc).

There's efforts to move everyone to using more of the same stuff, but these are not universally liked; partly because not everyone likes the same stuff; partly (probably) because not everyone likes the idea of Linux becoming unified - after all, Linux was written in part because of problems with unified, monolithic OS's; partly because some people don't like the platforms being moved to; and partly various.

That's my understanding, anyway. I mostly use Windows.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

reporting_a_bug

Post by reporting_a_bug »

This doesn't seem quite right
Spoiler!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

reporting_a_bug wrote:This doesn't seem quite right
Spoiler!
Icey!

Well, it'll probably be fixed, so in the meantime, I guess just let it go.

...Sorry. I didn't resist. :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

reporting_a_bug wrote:This doesn't seem quite right
Spoiler!
What a pretty failure! Could you confirm if this happens with the reflections mod disabled? They use slightly different shader setups and it helps to identify which side might need to be addressed.

reporting_a_bug

Interkarma wrote: What a pretty failure! Could you confirm if this happens with the reflections mod disabled? They use slightly different shader setups and it helps to identify which side might need to be addressed.
Here's what it looks like without realtime reflections:

To add to that, I have built the newest available source from the main repo and I haven't run into the "weapon getting stuck" bug since.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for that. Not quite as pretty now. Obviously an issue with the tilemap shader then. I've seen similar before on GPUs that don't play nice with frac(). What GPU is your rig running?

Good news on the mouse input problem. I didn't really do anything to fix it recently, so hopefully it stays gone. :)

reporting_a_bug

Interkarma wrote:Thanks for that. Not quite as pretty now. Obviously an issue with the tilemap shader then. I've seen similar before on GPUs that don't play nice with frac(). What GPU is your rig running?

Good news on the mouse input problem. I didn't really do anything to fix it recently, so hopefully it stays gone. :)
it's a GeForce GTX 460 with proprietary nvidia driver 8-)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers. A 460 should be within spec, at least on paper. Are you already using latest driver?

reporting_a_bug

Interkarma wrote:Cheers. A 460 should be within spec, at least on paper. Are you already using latest driver?
Driver version is 352.55. Not the very latest, but I don't like to update these things for no reason. It still seems to work fine. Unless you are inferring that this bug is the fault of the driver? I could update to 367.35 and if my x server doesn't implode get back to you. ;) ;)

However, this bug wasn't present in the previous build on the same driver.