Closed: New Console Commands

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Closed: New Console Commands

Post by Interkarma »

There are a few new console commands that would be great to have.

GroundMe - For those unfortunate occasions where player might fall through environment. This doesn't happen often in Daggerfall Unity, but can be forced easily by pushing run speed to 1000+ and going for a sprint. The GroundMe command should place the player back on the ground at their current world coordinates and scrub all falling damage. In dungeons and interiors, it's probably easiest just to teleport player back to entrance marker. All the workings for this already exist in code, they just needs to be linked to a console command.

UnstickMe - Some of Daggerfall's geometry is pretty bad. For example, there's a cave block with a plane from a lower level sticking up through the ground of a higher level. The player gets stuck on this one-sided geometry every damn time and it would be awesome to have a command just to move player forwards a unit without pushing them through a wall or getting stuck somewhere else. This one is a little harder as the workings don't presently exist in code.

NoClip - Disable player's CharacterController, collision, and other physics, allowing them to freely fly around level steering by mouse-look. Coupled with the existing god mode toggle, this would be useful for getting around during testing.

LypyL

Re: New Console Commands

Post by LypyL »

I just added a new command that I had already been working on (it's adapted from the teleportation method from the Daggerfall Jet used in the demo...)

I could add the noclip changes I had before - they're hacky though :lol:
scrub all falling damage
How would you recommend accomplishing this?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

LypyL wrote:I just added a new command that I had already been working on (it's adapted from the teleportation method from the Daggerfall Jet used in the demo...)
Awesome thank you! That will help out with the stuck issue.
LypyL wrote: I could add the noclip changes I had before - they're hacky though :lol:
All good, we can look at this later. None of the Odd Jobs are high priority stuff at the moment. :)
LypyL wrote:
scrub all falling damage
How would you recommend accomplishing this?
After grounding player, need to clear 'falling' bool in PlayerMotor. That's not currently exposed but a handy CancelFallingDamage() method or similar can do the job. Might also need to reset fallDistance to 0 and fallStartLevel to current transform.position.y. Happy to help if you would like to take this one on. :)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Interkarma wrote: After grounding player, need to clear 'falling' bool in PlayerMotor. That's not currently exposed but a handy CancelFallingDamage() method or similar can do the job. Might also need to reset fallDistance to 0 and fallStartLevel to current transform.position.y. Happy to help if you would like to take this one on. :)
Yeah I can take care of it, I just wasn't sure if you had a way of doing it that I missed, which wouldn't be the first time! ;)

MasonFace

Re: Closed: New Console Commands

Post by MasonFace »

Although this thread is closed, I thought of a couple of new console commands that would be handy to have if possible:

getTargetTextureID - Returns the name of the texture that that player is looking at.

getModelID - - Same as the above but for meshes.

screenshot - Self-explanatory, but it saves a screenshot to some folder.

I apologize if these commands already exist and I have somehow overlooked them.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

MasonFace wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:10 pm Although this thread is closed, I thought of a couple of new console commands that would be handy to have if possible:

getTargetTextureID - Returns the name of the texture that that player is looking at.

getModelID - - Same as the above but for meshes.

screenshot - Self-explanatory, but it saves a screenshot to some folder.

I apologize if these commands already exist and I have somehow overlooked them.
FYI, to get model ID you can currently check the log - click on any model and it will print the id in the log that looks like this:

Code: Select all

DaggerfallMesh [ID=41109] (UnityEngine.Transform)
Unless it's been combined into a large model, then the individual model ID is not availiable.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I'd like to request a few console commands. Sometimes people report issues in a dungeon without posting a save (or we see them in a video playthrough). Need a way to get there.

RevealDungeons - reveals all dungeons on the world map and their interiors.
Tele2Floor - teleport to any floor tile in a dungeon by left-clicking it in the map viewer.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I saw on GitHub a few months ago, somebody added spawning enemies in.

I forgot what you entered in the console and there was no list for what enemies you could spawn.

Does anybody have any info on that or maybe a post dealing with that you could link here ?
I'm just curious, but from what I understand it sounds pretty awesome.

An Army Of Orcs fighting an army of knights ?
Yes I think I will ( that's the plan)..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

MasonFace wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:26 am Here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1957

Sweet, thank you man !
Check out my YouTube Channel!