Modding Tutorials

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Hazelnut

Re: Modding Tutorials

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks TheLacus, appreciate the confirmation and understand now.

By the way I think I found an issue with the preset selection box - it doesn't handle descriptions that are not very short gracefully. I tried adding descriptionLabel.WrapText = true; to the label which helps but the wrapping is not very good. Just a heads up in case you were unaware.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

flynsarmy

Post by flynsarmy »

The 'Setup' scene described in the original post no longer exists in the repo. I tried pressing the play button in Unity with each scenes available but can't get to the mod manager:
  • BasicScene - Does nothing
  • DaggerfallUnityGame - Starts the game at the cinematic before the load screen with no mods as far as I can tell
  • DaggerfallUnityStartup - Opens a floating camera looking at a castle. Image
How do I load the game in live view to test my mod? My mod has been successfully built and works fine when i do a File - Build and Run but being able to use the live view would be a lot faster.

EDIT: I re-extracted the git repo download and we all good now. Startup scene correctly shows the Daggerfall Unity menu.

EDIT 2: Looks like this was caused by me building all 3 OS versions of my mod. It was trying to load them all on game start and erroring out. Annoyingly the 'Mod Builder' window defaults to having all 3 OS's checked by default every time I open it.

verytrueidiot

Post by verytrueidiot »

how do you get modmanager and the bundle

garmer

Post by garmer »

Hi. Is there a new instruction for creating fonts? On the page https://www.dfworkshop.net/creating-sdf ... fall-unity / written that is no longer relevant. But more interested in supporting Cyrillic characters. If you create a font with Cyrillic, the game will display Russian words, for example?

verytrueidiot

does anyone know where to get the mod builder in unity

Post by verytrueidiot »

does anyone know where to get the mod builder in unity

verytrueidiot

Post by verytrueidiot »

wheres the mod builder

verytrueidiot

Post by verytrueidiot »

wheres the mod builder

TheLacus

Re: does anyone know where to get the mod builder in unity

Post by TheLacus »

verytrueidiot wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:29 pm does anyone know where to get the mod builder in unity
Download Unity 2019.4.10f1 LTS and daggerfall-unity.
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.