Getting Weapon and Armor Maximum Condition Values

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
mikeprichard

Re: Getting Weapon and Armor Maximum Condition Values

Post by mikeprichard »

mikeprichard wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:36 pm ...What may be happening is this base value of 1500 is in fact used as the starting base hit points for all found magical items and artifacts - including weapons and armors, but still excluding Item Maker items - which in the case of found magical weapons and armors only is then multiplied by the material modifiers. This would perfectly explain the values in the UESP table in that section (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Mag ... ical_Items) and Pango's example, including the 12000 for a Daedric found magical item. E.g. Pango's supposed found enchanted Daedric cuirass would in fact have a durability of 1500 (base) x 32/4 (material modifier) = 12000. Meanwhile, an unenchanted or Item Maker-enchanted Daedric cuirass would have a durability of 4096 (base) x 32/4 (material modifier) = 32768, as already confirmed.
I've been making quite a few updates/clarifications/corrections to the UESP pages around magical/enchanted items, and wanted to follow up on the above - any tested classic Daggerfall confirmations/feedback to what I think is going on in terms of magical item durability? Another gap in knowledge that's yet unaddressed is how the durability of clothes and miscellaneous items enchanted with the Item Maker is calculated. On the basis of these tests and confirmations, the DFU code may need to be corrected (see Hazelnut's earlier post above). To summarize how I think item health is calculated:

RANDOM MAGICAL CLOTHES / RANDOM MAGICAL MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS / ALL ARTIFACTS
Starting health = 1500 (except Oghma Infinium, with starting health = 1)

RANDOM MAGICAL WEAPONS / RANDOM MAGICAL ARMOR
Starting health = 1500 x material modifier:
Iron = 1500
Steel = 2250
Silver = 2250
Elven = 3000
Dwarven = 4500
Mithril = 6000
Adamantium = 7500
Ebony = 9000
Orcish = 10500
Daedric = 12000

CUSTOM MAGICAL CLOTHES / CUSTOM MAGICAL MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS
need to review and test the info at viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2584&start=20#p31543, item "2)"

NON-MAGICAL AND CUSTOM MAGICAL WEAPONS / NON-MAGICAL AND CUSTOM MAGICAL ARMOR
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3489#p41049