Mods not working in 0.10.24 builds

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Interkarma

Re: Mods not working in 0.10.24 builds

Post by Interkarma »

I'm using 0.10.23 from 09 May.
Ralzar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:56 am 4: Restart game and load save.
5: The food will still work.
You're missing a step between 4 & 5 compared to what I describe above. Restart game and save again to another slot, then check that save. The item is stripped of class data on second save and food does not work when loading that save. No version upgrade is required, this all happens in 0.10.23.

Please review my saves and information provided. It demonstrates what I'm describing. Everything you need to get started is there. This is a job for stepping through debugger. There's not much more I can help with on this one. :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:03 am I'm using 0.10.23 from 09 May.
Ralzar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:56 am 4: Restart game and load save.
5: The food will still work.
You're missing a step between 4 & 5 compared to what I describe above. Restart game and save again to another slot, then check that save. The item is stripped of class data on second save and food does not work when loading that save. No version upgrade is required, this all happens in 0.10.23.

Please review my saves and information provided. It demonstrates what I'm describing. Everything you need to get started is there. This is a job for stepping through debugger. There's not much more I can help with on this one. :)
That is what happens in 0.10.24. I can not reproduce that behavior in 0.10.23. I'm up to 7 saves now with different amounts of restarting or not restarting and the class is still there and the item is still usable.

Edit: I'll do some more testing and see if I can figure out some way to reproduce this. It's super easy in 0.10.24 but my version of 0.10.23 is just not exhibiting this behaviour. I've gotta check if it's mod versions that are to blame here, but I've not updated C&C in quite a while.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Could be mod version. I just downloaded the current version from Nexus and using in 0.10.23.

I don't have any other mods installed. It's a clean setup with just C&C and starting from the save provided earlier.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ok, when 0.10.24 came out, C&C did not work at all. No errors etc, it just didn't actually run ingame.

I fixed that by doing this change:

https://github.com/Ralzar81/Climates-Ca ... d7d0c7c9aa

Might this have made the mod run, but at the same time broken the CustomItemActivation?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

We do appear to be chasing two different problems here. Do you have a git commit of C&C matching the version on Nexus?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

https://github.com/Ralzar81/Climates-Calories

And jeez, sorry for adding to your workload here man. I just got a little stressed by my main mod suddenly bugging out in all directions. The plan was to leave that mod alone until I finished a couple of other mods and then merge it all together and pretty much build the whole mod from scratch to work out any kinks.
Last edited by Ralzar on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Sorry for not being clearer, I mean the exact commit that matches the built version on Nexus.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ah sorry man. I just use GitHub via web with drag-n-drop so it will simply have the master branch with history.

The link above was the only change from v1.3.5 which works in 0.10.23 to v1.3.6 which sorta works in 0.10.24 but with the item bug.

Edit:
As you can see from the history:

https://github.com/Ralzar81/Climates-Ca ... alories.cs

The last change before that was the 1.3.5 update in the beginning of june.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Just got the new Unity version up and running, so I'll start trying out a few things to see if I can't fix this in my end. That would be the best solution. I suspect if I just move a lot of the code over to void Awake() I might solve this.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

No probs, I'll try and reproduce in source only using a 0.10.23 check-out. Then I might be able to pinpoint how/why the data is lost. It seems a bit iffy that we're getting different results. I'm definitely experiencing that in 0.10.23 though.

Not sure about the custom activations. I haven't looked at this in a while since it went into game. Maybe one of the other guys can offer some help in why that change is needed for it to run in 0.10.24. I'll loop back to this if no-one else helps.

It's getting late here. Will pick up again when I can tomorrow after work. :)