Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Arl

Re: [GUIDE] Mesh, Texture and Sound replacement

Post by Arl »

Haha, good one, actually it would be cool to have those as forum smilies.

How exactly should I name the files? BUTTONS.CIF_3-0.png or BUTTONS.RCI_3-0.png show no result in game, they are in the right folder and all.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Arl wrote: How exactly should I name the files? BUTTONS.CIF_3-0.png or BUTTONS.RCI_3-0.png show no result in game, they are in the right folder and all.
Textures\CifRci\BUTTONS.RCI_3-0.Png

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey TheLacus! Just wanted to say thank you again for all your work on this, and especially for being so helpful to others. :)

Arl

Post by Arl »

Yay It worked!

I would make the clarification regarding the folder "CifRci", since in this topic and in the tutorial page this isn't mentioned, it says "Img" and "Cif" folders as the places you need to put your images in.

Interkarma wrote:Hey TheLacus! Just wanted to say thank you again for all your work on this, and especially for being so helpful to others. :)
x2!
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Arl wrote:I would make the clarification regarding the folder "CifRci", since in this topic and in the tutorial page this isn't mentioned, it says "Img" and "Cif" folders as the places you need to put your images in.
You're right it was not updated, thanks :)

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox »

I can not replace textures, what am I doing wrong ? For example I placed "PICK03I0.IMG.PNG" in my "StreamingAssets/Textures/Img/" dir. I activated the option in the launcher to allow for graphical mods. My System is Ubuntu 16.04. I tried different variations of lowerUpper case for the dirs and files, no success.

Is there a verbose mode or logs which might give me a clue whats going wrong ?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Not sure if you can replace the start menu right now. i would expect more menu textures to refuse being changed ;)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I can confirm you can replace this texture in windows but I have been able to replicate the issue with Linux.

In general Nystul is correct, if something doesn't work it's probably not yet implemented, but this seems a platform specific issue.
I think I have been careful with paths, I'll need to investigate on this.

MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Do you guys have spreadsheet so that I can see what have bean done so far and what is left to do?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Greyfox wrote:I can not replace textures, what am I doing wrong ?
What version of Daggerfall Unity are you using?
MiroslavXO wrote:Do you guys have spreadsheet so that I can see what have bean done so far and what is left to do?
For texture modding? The documentation should give a broad idea of what has been done. Two important features which are not yet implemented are the inventory (which is only partially working) and support for streaming world. Then there are always some minor fixes to be done on the way.