Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
TheLacus

Re: [GUIDE] Mesh, Texture and Sound replacement

Post by TheLacus »

You don't need an xmlf if you're workign with the same proportions.
What i said above is to use such file to tell the game how to place textures with different proportions, writing the x,y coordinates of the lower-left vertex. I updated the guide so read it again for more information about this ;)

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

So, I clearly did somethign wrong, most likely with the model. So I added the model and a prefab, build the project and this is the result I guess:
Spoiler!
Doesn't look good at all! No idea of what is happening, but I tried to replace the cart model and couldn't find a single example in the game, so I guess it's responsible for the mess. Missing models all over towns (most likely near the damn cart, I think) :o

Say, Lacus, I know it's asking much, but can you maybe do a video showing all the steps required? I am not that great with Unity yet, plus could've messed up the exporting process in Blender, so I definitely screwed up a couple of steps and the results are a bit discouraging. :( If not, any feedback would be useful!

Though the game still looks great in the Unity engine! Can't believe how good it looks. It definitely needs updated assets and it will be absolute eye candy. :D

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Can you first confirm that your project window looks like this?
ProjectWindow1.png
ProjectWindow1.png (70.05 KiB) Viewed 8173 times
ProjectWindow2.png
ProjectWindow2.png (38.78 KiB) Viewed 8173 times
Post here the last part of your DaggerfallUnity_Data\output_log.txt and we can see what's happening. ;)

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Okay, so I changed up things a bit, repeated the whole process again and now the models don't disappear, but the replacer doesn't seem to work. Hmm... I'll have to look around some more, maybe I am missing something. I'll post the screenshots of the process later here and if I get it to work, I'll post the results :)

Also, want to take some time to improve my knowledge of both Unity and 3D modeling.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

That's ok, but reading the log is the first thing i suggest you to do ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The Lacus, would you be interested in a posting account for the main web site? We could put a copy of this information onto its own page, and you can post news articles around your work if you wish to do so.

This is really terrific stuff, and it deserves a bright spotlight. :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma wrote:The Lacus, would you be interested in a posting account for the main web site? We could put a copy of this information onto its own page, and you can post news articles around your work if you wish to do so.

This is really terrific stuff, and it deserves a bright spotlight. :)
Great, i'm happy to do so. Thank you :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

hey TheLacus!
just wanted to say that I successfully tested your texture replacement for setting metallic and smoothness both via metallicglossmaps as well as via an xml file successfully. And it works out of the box with the reflectionsmod for "deferred" reflections (which will be the only supported rendering mode for reflectionsmod in the future anyway).

You did exceptional work, it is so easy now to replace textures and provide a metallicglossmap!
Using your mechanism will reduce code a lot in the reflectionsmod since I can throw out my proprietary solution for texture swaps.

thanks so much for this!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I'm glad to hear it :)
Looking forward to the next version of your mod!

Arl

Post by Arl »

I'm having a problem replacing some of the images, I replaced the save/load/continue panel in game and the replaced image is extremely zoomed, the "load" word almost consume the entire screen. I also have this issue with the YES/NO buttons, they appear too big.

This is odd because all of them have the same proportions as their vanilla graphics counterparts, and with the "rest" panel for instance there's no problem at all.

-Another thing:

I'm tring to replace the pieces of parchment (SPOP.RCI) with no avail. The pieces are named SPOP.RCI_1-0.png (and so on) and are located in textures/cif along with the buttons (which are loaded correctly), any idea what may I be doing wrong?
Last edited by Arl on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.