Custom scale for nature billboards (billboardItems in DaggerfallBillboardBatch)

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Hazelnut

Re: Custom scale for nature billboards (billboardItems in DaggerfallBillboardBatch)

Post by Hazelnut »

Daniel87 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:26 pm Oh, that sounds good! How would I go about adding different flats into my nature atlas from within the ITerrainNature?
Sorry I think I was wrong, as the batcher uses a specific archive. Something to do with the materials and atlas' which is one of the things I do not understand. (can't know everything)

I was just thinking of all the places where you can specify an archive & record like inventory items etc. Apologies for the disinfo. :|

As for the loot clicks, look at TheLacus' mod code in github to see how that works. You could also create custom click handlers and register for any flat (archive/record) you wanted to handle... that could be cumbersome though, so would be better if you can use the interface TheLacus created.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Daniel87

Re: Custom scale for nature billboards (billboardItems in DaggerfallBillboardBatch)

Post by Daniel87 »

No worries,
This whole game covers such a huge variety, it's impossible to know everything.
I think from within the StreamingWorld script, this could maybe be controlled, but that is quite a deep surgery for just a simple vegetation mod, I think we can leave it as is for now.

What would be very welcome is a way to blend over the bordering MapPixels ground textures, as the current hard line between two climates is pretty jagged. Do you have any idea how I could go about this? I am quite a noob if it comes to using several textures on the same mesh and blending them. I only know that the neighbouring MapPixel can be accessed within a MapPixel, but not quite sure how I would use two different ground tile textures from different cliamtes within the same MapPixel to create this blending.
In Julianos we Trust.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Already replied about that here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4499&p=52089#p52089 but only for having data of the neighbour terrains. Not sure how to mix archives or material sets sorry.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods