Legacy Released Mods

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Interkarma

Legacy Released Mods

Post by Interkarma »

Note: This list of mods is to be retired and replaced by individual topics the Released Mods forum.

Now that some folks are using mod features created by Lypyl and TheLacus, I thought it might be a good time to create an official thread of sorts to keep them all in one place for now.

If you've created a mod that is ready for download, please post a link and brief description as a reply to this topic. I will edit this first post to keep them all together.

While there is only a small number of mods, I will also host on dfworkshop.net and provide a central download page for them all. At some point though we should look at uploading them to Nexus, for example.

Note: Installing mods can increase system requirements compared to base Daggerfall Unity.

Released Mods

Distant Terrain 2.2.0 (Nystul) [more+download] - Increase draw distance far beyond even default Daggerfall Unity.

Enhanced Sky 2.0.5 (Lypyl) [download] - A beautiful procedural sky with smooth day/night cycles, stars, weather, lunar cycles.

Real Grass & Plants 2.0 (TheLacus/Uncanny_Valley) [more] [download] - Adds lush animated grass and new species of plants to the game world.

Birds in Daggerfall 1.0.1 (Uncanny_Valley) [download] - Flying birds across the skies of the Illiac Bay.

Loading Screen 1.5 (TheLacus) [more] [download] - Adds a loading screen to Daggerfall Unity with customisation available.

Remove Spiders (TheLacus) [more+download] - Replaces spiders and scorpions with bears and tigers.

Realtime Reflections 2.1.0 (Nystul) [download] - Add beautiful reflections and other surface enhancements to Daggerfall's textures.

Hand-painted Textures (VMblast) [more] [download] - Beautiful high resolution versions of Daggerfall's textures, hand-painted in the same style. Work in progress, not all textures completed.

Fixed Book Files (Eksevis) [more+download] - Aims to fix many of the issues with Daggerfall's Book files. These files should be copied to your "Arena2\Books" folder and replace old copy of the book.

Vibrant Wind (TheLacus) [more+download] - Changes strength of wind according to current weather.

Handpainted Model Replacement Project 1.39 (AlexanderSig) [more] [download] - All new handpainted models and textures.

Texture Replacement (Various Authors, Some Unknown) [more+download] - Higher resolution textures.

Post-Processing (TheLacus) [more+download] - Add post effects like SSAO.

Archaeologists Guild (Hazelnut) [more+download] - Adds a whole new guild with with ranks, membership, custom NPCs, custom guild halls, new quests, and a special item.

Mountains and Hills (Uncanny_Valley) [more+download] - Adds more mountains, hills and minor roughness to terrain, making the world more intresing to explore.

Convenient Clocks (Uncanny_Valley) [more+download] - Adds a convenient clock to the HUD, with customization options.

Downloading Mods

A mod download page will be added to Daggerfall Workshop soon. Once the number of mods increases beyond this small number, it will be for the best to use a standard mod site like Nexus or ModDB to distribute mods.

Installing Mods

Mod creators, please make sure you include a helpful ReadMe with your mod to help users install and contact details so they can reach out for feedback or support.

If you have trouble with a mod, you should be able to reach creator in the Modder Discussion forum.
  1. Unzip mod distribution (if necessary).
  2. Copy the .dfmod package into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods folder.
  3. Check the included ReadMe for any special instructions to complete install.

LypyL

Re: Released Mods

Post by LypyL »

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

how to activate mods inside unity editor for developing? When I select scene DaggerfallUnityStartup the mods are found and enabled, but when I start scene DaggerfallUnityGame no mods are present

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

You should just need to place the mod files in the StreamingAssests\Mods directory, make sure they're enabled and click play. Note that you have to start from the staturp scene, loading the game scene directly won't work.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

ah ok, I never did so because clicking on start does not do anything for me - it won't start up the game for me - am I missing something?

Arl

Post by Arl »

One thing that caught my attention is that Nexus has Arena and Daggerfall pages, it only has a couple of mods each, but it's there.

Maybe we can start uploading mods there, the thing is that they need DFUnity and not vanilla Daggerfall, but most mods for Oblivion and Skyrim need some source of external thing like script extenders and so forth. But I don't know, what do you think?
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Nystul wrote:ah ok, I never did so because clicking on start does not do anything for me - it won't start up the game for me - am I missing something?
You need to go to build settings in the editor & add the startup and game scenes so startup is scene 0 and game is scene 1.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I would treat "Daggerfall Unity" as a game in its own right for this and create a new game profile when uploading mods. I'm happy to upload mods once we have a few collected to see how this process goes.

In any case, I'll host on the Workshop for now until we get around a dozen mods and it becomes unworkable for me to maintain.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Thx lypyl!