Enhanced Sky Issues

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Nystul

Enhanced Sky Issues

Post by Nystul »

I am experiencing an issue with the enhanced sky mod:
seems to be a shader issue, any suggestions how to solve it?

LypyL

Re: Enhanced Sky Issues

Post by LypyL »

You've got me stumped there! I can't reproduce it. If it failed to load the skybox material, it shouldn't be running at all.

Can you tell me what the skybox field in lighting says?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

the skybox is loaded correctly how it seems - it says "Sky"

just tested with all other mods disabled, problem still persists although it is somehow obscured by the fact that then camera settings are different and scene looks just fogged - but it is obvious again when lowering main camera far clipping plane or even easier disabling global fog script on it

would be awesome if someone could also try it out and test it. To find out if it can be reproduced

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Nystul wrote: would be awesome if someone could also try it out and test it. To find out if it can be reproduced
"Unfortunately" i can't reproduce this bug. The sky is awesome as usual here.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Ok must be a problem on my side then. I will let you know when I know the culprit

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Thanks for the report TheLacus.

The only things I can of:

1. Try the sky mod w/ the latest live build (just create a Mods folder in StreamingAssets of the DaggerfallUnity_Data directory that comes with the build and drop the file in there)

2. Do you have any of the old enhanced sky stuff still in your project / game scene? If so delete them, as that can cause unpredictable behavior.

3. Start the game scene directly (so the mod doesn't load) and look at the skybox field under lighting again.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I am on a clean checkout.
I have to check if it is a problem with unity 5.5
just tested on a different system with unity 5.4 and it works like intended - will check tomorrow if it is a issue with 5.5

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It might be that. I still haven't added 5.5 full compatibility so something unexpected might be breaking. Probably my fault then, sorry. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

definitely my fault. I tried something forbidden (upgrading to an unity version untested with DaggerfallUnity) ;)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

ok I tested on the system on which the problem arose with unity 5.5 - it is working correctly now with unity 5.4.5 - so there must have something changed with 5.5 that is breaking the Enhanced Sky mod how it seems