Discussion on future 3D modelling

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
MrStreakman

Re: Discussion on future 3D modelling

Post by MrStreakman »

Hello!

About a week or two ago, I was modelling bookshelves based off the shelves in Daggerfall. I modelled them to be actual bookshelves, not to be a box with a texture on them(like in Daggerfall). Just thought it might be something relevant to add to the conversation.

*see attachment*
Attachments
BookShelves.jpg
BookShelves.jpg (86.18 KiB) Viewed 3087 times

Yukistream

Post by Yukistream »

Hi guys !

I'm tottaly agree with the OP.

IMO an "Thief/TES Adventures: Redguard" models style will fit perfectly with Daggerfall, and it's something maybe more easy to do than high-poly HD models/animations.

The high-poly models I saw in the forum is a great job, but IMO, I think it's not fit with the Daggerfall 96' era look of the rest of the game.

For example: Image

TES Adventures Redguard was made at the same period, with the same engine and it's litteraly what Daggerfall would look like if Daggerfall was with 3D models instead of sprites.
Cartoonish-style is good when it's sprites, but in 3D high-poly... They looks somewhat strange/cringy (And again, IMO)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

In my opinion the Redguards models might be ok, but the textures on them are non-fitting into the daggerfall style. Dagger is more dark and gritty, Redguard models appear way too colourful and funky to me.

But something like this might work very well, this level of fidelity of the models with a bit of darker textures...
PS: the Monk and a Skeleton behind him in a right part of the screenshot are looking good tho.
Last edited by King of Worms on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yukistream

Post by Yukistream »

King of Worms wrote:but the textures on them are non-fitting into the daggerfall style. Dagger is more dark and gritty, Redguards model appear too colourful and funky to me.
I agree too, I was just talking about the 3D low-poly model, but yeah, with darker texture, I think it's fit good in Daggerfall