Need help with sprites

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Keeper Raul

Need help with sprites

Post by Keeper Raul »

When I say "I need help" I actually mean "I need someone to do all the hard work for me". Basically, I made a bunch of sprites for unarmed combat, they are new frames for animations, they are supposed to be used alongside the ones already present in the vannilla game, and they are in PNG format. This is a proof of concept for my Smooth Animations mod idea, I made them using Daggerfall Imaging 2 and GIMP. I was going to upload it in form of a mini-mod in my Smooth Animations thread, but the thing is, I have no idea how to implement them in the game, if someone can do it for me, or teach me how to do it, I would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwgJg ... TVpZmhvRWs

In case you are confused about the names of the sprites, 5-1,5 goes between 5-1 and 5-2, 5-3,5_1 and 5-3,5_2 goes between 5-3 and 5-4, and so on.

EDIT: sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I'll pay more attention next time

TheLacus

Re: Need help with sprites

Post by TheLacus »

Hey Keeper Raul, i suggest you to start with npc as it's already possible to import more frames than vanilla, just place them in the Textures folder and rename them so that there is an increase of +1 for every frame. ;)

Keeper Raul

Post by Keeper Raul »

Thanks a lot The Lacus, I'll try that, although animating enemies seems to be a lot harder than weapons :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Working with townspeople would probably be the easiest start. In taverns you can find several animated kinds of people who would be quite easy to add to, I think.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote:Working with townspeople would probably be the easiest start. In taverns you can find several animated kinds of people who would be quite easy to add to, I think.
Yep, this is what I meant with npcs.