TESII: Dagger characters that appeared in later games

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Th3AustralianGam3r

TESII: Dagger characters that appeared in later games

Post by Th3AustralianGam3r »

To anyone that is doing the 3D models of NPCs i have put up a list of all characters in TESII: Daggerfall that appeared in later games do give an idea of what they looked in later 3D titles. (Some appear as a ghost, statue or appear as something else)

Lord Kain
Night Mother
Mannimarco
Uriel Septim VII
Ocato
Barenziah
Hlaalu Helseth
Hermaeus Mora
Molag Bal
Azura
Nocturnal
Meridia
Mehrunes Dagon
Barbas
Clavicus Vile
Hircine
Peryite
Sanguine
Sheogorath

NikitaTheTanner

Re: TESII: Dagger characters that appeared in later games

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

As I was saying, no point in modelling individual characters, we'll need to build a proper system first. Something like this:

That would allow us to simply replace NPCs and player with 3D characters without the need to model every single one individually. Some characters, like Daedra Lords, would probably be better off as creatures instead, where they use separate skeleton, models and animations, but that would take a lot of time and I think Daedra Lords are probably least important, as you are not actively fighting them most of the time.

Also, I wouldn't think copying later games is necessarily good when it comes to characters. While Barenziah and Helseth should certainly be Dunmer/Dark Elves, some designs were clearly better in Daggerfall, like Mannimarco. Oh my god, I love Daggerfall's Mannimarco!

Uriel Septim and Ocato - also questionable. I mean, as iconic as Oblivion's Uriel is, the cinematic is pretty awesome, plus it's really, really hard to recreate it with any semblance of good quality. Oblivion's Ocato is just a boring Altmer though... just like Mannimarco in Oblivion.

Th3AustralianGam3r

Post by Th3AustralianGam3r »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:As I was saying, no point in modelling individual characters, we'll need to build a proper system first. Something like this:

That would allow us to simply replace NPCs and player with 3D characters without the need to model every single one individually. Some characters, like Daedra Lords, would probably be better off as creatures instead, where they use separate skeleton, models and animations, but that would take a lot of time and I think Daedra Lords are probably least important, as you are not actively fighting them most of the time.

Also, I wouldn't think copying later games is necessarily good when it comes to characters. While Barenziah and Helseth should certainly be Dunmer/Dark Elves, some designs were clearly better in Daggerfall, like Mannimarco. Oh my god, I love Daggerfall's Mannimarco!

Uriel Septim and Ocato - also questionable. I mean, as iconic as Oblivion's Uriel is, the cinematic is pretty awesome, plus it's really, really hard to recreate it with any semblance of good quality. Oblivion's Ocato is just a boring Altmer though... just like Mannimarco in Oblivion.
I think the only main change design i would like would be Uriel Septim. any thoughts on Sheogoraths hair color should be because his hair in Daggerfall is brown and in Oblivion and Skyrim its Grey. but i do think his green vest outfit should stay, its even seen on the statue of him in Morrowind
Attachments
Mw_sheogorath.jpg
Mw_sheogorath.jpg (155.83 KiB) Viewed 3339 times

Mr. Waffle

Post by Mr. Waffle »

Pretty sure we could use models from some body replacer mods like Robert's Bodies. With asking permission for their use, of course. I particularly mention Robert's Bodies because it's actually pretty good and it has been ported to Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout: New Vegas.
People wear socks