Armor textures not replacing with custom textures

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
darklink513

Armor textures not replacing with custom textures

Post by darklink513 »

Not sure if this has been discussed yet. In Build DragonBreak #90 I tried to replace some armor textures. Looking at DFImaging I can see that there are four archives with armor textures. One has different proportions than the rest. I don't know which archive is the one that I needed so I replaced the respective textures in all four with files using the same proportions as each. All the textures are in .png format and named according to the guidelines. they are also placed in the /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Textures/ folder. However the textures do not show in game. The archives are 245 - 248. I'm not sure if this is a bug, an error on my part, or if there are other locations for the armor textures. Any help would be appreciated.

AlexanderSig

Re: Armor textures not replacing with custom textures

Post by AlexanderSig »

Never tried replacing armor textures, some replacements are not yet supported. Could you show me exactly how you're naming the files?

I believe the different archives are used for different races/genders.

darklink513

Post by darklink513 »

For armor there are eight archives. Four male and four female. Clothing is similar. I followed the tutorial and named the files as instructed. In this case 245_7-0.png, as well as 245_3-0.png. They are png files. I tried for all four female armor archives with the first number set to the corresponding archive. In archive 247 several textures, if not all are one pixel wider than the others. I corrected the image to fit the scale of the original, to no avail.

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Have you got "enable texture mods" active.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hi darklink513.
Currently, images replacement should be fully supported for the inventory grid, while textures with different resolution than originals have graphics artifacts on paperdoll (see here).

If the option on main menu suggested by Interkermit is enabled, try to import textures with the same resolution and see if it makes any difference. Said that, i don't think scaling is the issue if you don't see anything on screen.

darklink513

Post by darklink513 »

I do have graphics mods enabled. I did make sure all the textures are the same resolution as the originals for each archive. I have made other texture mods and they apply fine. For some reason every armor texture remains the same as default. I have no idea what's going on.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Not sure. I'll keep this in mind and get back to you if i find something ;)