Texture Installation for Mac?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
parisean

Texture Installation for Mac?

Post by parisean »

Hey guys! Been playing this engine for almost a week now, and I absolutely -love- it. I just have one question in terms of HD textures. I see that there are some texture files that require being placed in the "textures" folder, but there isn't one in the package contents. Could someone direct me int he right direction?

Thanks!!

Feralwarlord

Re: Texture Installation for Mac?

Post by Feralwarlord »

Just make one inside DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hi parisean! Path is "StreamingAssets/Textures", if missing you can create it manually. I don't have a Mac but i think "Contents" is the equivalent of "exe_Data".

parisean

Post by parisean »

TheLacus wrote:Hi parisean! Path is "StreamingAssets/Textures", if missing you can create it manually. I don't have a Mac but i think "Contents" is the equivalent of "exe_Data".
This worked perfectly! I tried that earlier but forgot to move them from the folders... thanks to both of you!

River

Post by River »

Hi,

I'm a new Mac user, and I don't find the DaggerfallUnity_Data folder.

I have:
- /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/unity.Daggerfall Workshop.Daggerfall Unity folder with unity savegame and .ini file
- DaggerfallGameFiles folder with the original game
- interkarma-daggerfall-unity-daggerfall_unity_mac_universal-99 folder with the DaggerfallUnity.app

Where can i find it please ?

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

River wrote:Hi,

I'm a new Mac user, and I don't find the DaggerfallUnity_Data folder.

I have:
- /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/unity.Daggerfall Workshop.Daggerfall Unity folder with unity savegame and .ini file
- DaggerfallGameFiles folder with the original game
- interkarma-daggerfall-unity-daggerfall_unity_mac_universal-99 folder with the DaggerfallUnity.app

Where can i find it please ?

PS: Sorry for my bad english
It should be somewhere inside the folder
interkarma-daggerfall-unity-daggerfall_unity_mac_universal-99
I think.

River

Post by River »

Thanks for the answer.
I tried to create a DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods folder with the mod "birds in daggerfall.dfmod" for test, just in the folder interkarma-daggerfall-unity-daggerfall_unity_mac_universal-99, so in the same folder that Daggerfall Unity Manual.pdf and DaggerfallUnity.app (it's the only files in this folder) but no mod appear when I run the game. It's the correct name for the folder ?
I tried many combinaison DaggerfallUnity_Data/Mods, StreamingAssets/Mods etc... no sucess
edit: who made the OS conversion ?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums River. :)

It's not a conversion, rather it's a straight MacOS build from the Unity platform. In this case, Unity Cloud Build directly from the source on git.

I don't own a Mac to test with unfortunately, and I'm not heavily involved in the modding framework. After some reading, I believe the StreamingAssets folder is found by right-clicking the player and selecting "show package contents". From the popup Finder window, navigate through Contents\Resources\Data.

If you can please confirm process, and ideally provide some screenshots, I will update manual with information to help other Mac users in future.

Cheers!

River

Post by River »

YEEESSSSSS !!!

Merci merci merci tellement ca faisait des jours que j'essayais toutes les méthodes possibles sans jamais avoir ne serait ce que l'ombre d'un changement je suis si heureux tout plein d'amour pour toi !!!

May your road lead you to warm sands

For thank you I made screenshot (but it's a french Mac OS)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You're welcome! I'm happy I could help you make progress. :)