Not sure what files to install for texture overhaul

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
poomanchu

Not sure what files to install for texture overhaul

Post by poomanchu »

So the file structure is a bit of a mess in this mod file and I'm not sure what to install into the dfu texture file. I know it says textures (the .png files) what about the kow upscaled rar files?

Interkarma

Re: Not sure what files to install for texture overhaul

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

Is this one the texture pack you've downloaded? If so, you should just need to unzip contents into the "DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures" folder. You shouldn't need to worry about the other subfolders, just make sure all those loose PNG files are extracted into the StreamingAssets\Textures folder.

I think any individual upscaled textures you want from the .rar files can just be extracted into StreamingAssets\Textures as well. Probably best to select the items you want the most, as all put together it would use a lot of texture memory.

Good luck, I hope that helps. If you're still stuck, hopefully one of the mod guys will be along shortly to help.

poomanchu

Re: Not sure what files to install for texture overhaul

Post by poomanchu »

Yes, that is the one. I seem to start off out of bounds when using the loose folders in the main file. Not sure if that's a problem on my end but i'll mess with it. Thanks.