Special advantage/disadvantage strings

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
numidium3rd

Special advantage/disadvantage strings

Post by numidium3rd »

I've been making significant progress on the class creator but I haven't been able to find the strings for special advantages/disadvantages. For example the strings would be "Athleticism" or "Critical weakness." I did a search through TEXT.RSC but nothing came up. Anyone know where I might find these strings?

R.D.

Re: Special advantage/disadvantage strings

Post by R.D. »

They're in FALL.EXE. Do a text search on it and you'll find them. I think this is all of them:

Resistance.Immunity.Acute Hearing.Spell Absorption.Rapid Healing.Regenerate health.Bonus to hit.Atheleticism.Increased Magery.Adrenaline Rush.Expertise in.to Paralysis.to Magic.to Poison.to Fire.to Frost.to Shock.to Disease.in Light.in Darkness.in Lights.while Immersed in Water.Undead.Daedra.Humanoid.Animals.3x Int in Spell Points.2x Int in Spell Points.1.75x Int in Spell Points.1.5x Int in Spell Points.Int in Spell Points.Missile Weapon.Mountain.Desert.Sea.Forest.Inability to Regen Spell Points.Damage.Phobia.Light-powered Magery.Darkness-powered Magery.Forbidden Weaponry.Low Tolerance.Critical Weakness.Forbidden Armor Type.Forbidden Shield Types.Forbidden Material.from Sunlight.from Holy Places.Unable to use magic in darkness.Lower magic ability in darkness.Unable to use magic in daylight.Lower magic ability in daylight.

For strings in the .exe we've just been recreating them in the HardStrings class.

numidium3rd

Re: Special advantage/disadvantage strings

Post by numidium3rd »

Ah, thank you :D . I figured I might have to put them in manually but I was hoping I was wrong.