Light sources (in-game)

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Ralzar

Re: Light sources (in-game)

Post by Ralzar »

Heh, this is actually included in my Werewolf mod "Lousy Lycans" that's probably going live with 0.10.26. I stick a lightsource on the player when he is in beastform. I have been considering going back to it and experimenting with light hues to see if something would create a "beast vision" feeling. Purple perhaps?
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hmm, so it's still only local to the player. I was thinking of ambient so that it's a global effect.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, that's right. You could actually change the light settings of the game while in beastform. I never even considered that.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I was thinking some time ago about making lighting race-based especially for Kajit, Elves, etc. I'd like to see the ability to do low light vision as b/w. So the PC sees farther but only items like torches, spells, etc. are in color. Imagine being a Vampire Kajit able to see in absolute darkness.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. DFU Ver. Alpha 0.10.7