Adding time of day properties to flats

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
jayhova

Re: Adding time of day properties to flats

Post by jayhova »

Yeah I didn't know if it would work or not I thought perhaps a partial gate would be enough to make the image not look flat. Can this flat be bump mapped at all? So the gate has texture and everything else is pushed back?
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

jayhova wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm Yeah I didn't know if it would work or not I thought perhaps a partial gate would be enough to make the image not look flat. Can this flat be bump mapped at all? So the gate has texture and everything else is pushed back?
I tryed adding various shaders to it and it never looked good, height map, normal map, nothing...
I ended up with emission map and 50% metalic smoothness, which strangely enough, works great ingame

I can imagine tho, that very properly created height map might do the trick. Simple two shades of grey, one shade for the gate, other shade for the rest. And than apply a blur to that to make it less sharp.

Its quite minor detail in a bigger picture and amount of stuff I do, so maybe I try to do it, but it will deffo be not a priority atm

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Here it is. Make sure to get most recent changes on github or it won't work.
Attachments
DungeonExit.unitypackage.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 129 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

TheLacus wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:23 pm Here it is. Make sure to get most recent changes on github or it won't work.
Wow this was surprising :) Ill test it on the weekend, thank you!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Noob but, how to get the github version working?

I guess I download this https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity.git - I use that as a Master to build my mods etc.

But how to play it? Should I run the game from Unity editor? And how to include the mod package you send me? Should I build a mod from the package?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:15 am Noob but, how to get the github version working?

I guess I download this https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity.git - I use that as a Master to build my mods etc.
Check this post from Interkarma.
King of Worms wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:15 am But how to play it? Should I run the game from Unity editor? And how to include the mod package you send me? Should I build a mod from the package?
Much like texture-replacement, model-replacement is also supported by filename correspondence. You only need to add the new door prefab (and materials/textures/scripts used by it) to your mod. The unitypackage has a ready-to-use structure and a manifest file so you can hit play and test it, but you can move them aywhere you want.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sorry but I was not able to make it work.

I tryed adding all the files in a dfmod, but in does not appear in the game when enabled.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (372.55 KiB) Viewed 2880 times

Was not successfull adding it as loose files neither.

I have same problem with the icons, I cant get em work in DFMOD as well. It seems to be the same issue

Any advice on what to do please?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Does it log any error when you build the mod or when you run the game? if you send it to me i'll see if i can replicate this issue.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I have not noticed a error during the mod building.

Here is the log and both DFMODs to check...

I know I do something wrong, but no idea what :X I honestly do not understand the description Ive been given neither on icon or dungeon exit.
I tryed and read all the links you posted, but no..

https://ufile.io/m52ps9se

PS: what is this error in the log? It gets repeated 10s of times (but has no relation to the icons/exit problem)
"Texture atlas needs textures to have Readable flag set!
(Filename: Line: 191)"
Thank you!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 am I have not noticed a error during the mod building.

Here is the log and both DFMODs to check...

I know I do something wrong, but no idea what :X I honestly do not understand the description Ive been given neither on icon or dungeon exit.
I tryed and read all the links you posted, but no..

https://ufile.io/m52ps9se
Dungeon exit is ok, why do you think is not working?

As for spell icons, your mod doesn't work because manifest file (.dfmod.json) doesn't defines them, which is something that is done automatically by mod builder if assets are added to Assets list. I just checked again the process and everything works fine. If you add assets with the mod builder and click Build Mod it's all performed automatically, there is really no chance for mistakes. 😕 Maybe try to click Save Mod Settings to File, but this is actually done automatically every time before mod is built...

Specifically, you should have this property:

Code: Select all

"Contributes": {
        "SpellIcons": [
            "D.R.E.A.M. Icons",
            "VMBlast-Alyndiar Recolors"
        ]
    }
but you have this instead:

Code: Select all

"Contributes": null
King of Worms wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 am PS: what is this error in the log? It gets repeated 10s of times (but has no relation to the icons/exit problem)
"Texture atlas needs textures to have Readable flag set!
(Filename: Line: 191)"
Thank you!
The usual issue with Read/Write flag. If the message is printed it means that these textures are used but are not working.