Masque of Clavicus and Mace of Molag Bal effects

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
numidium3rd

Masque of Clavicus and Mace of Molag Bal effects

Post by numidium3rd »

Most of the special artifact effects have been implemented in DFU. The last two aren't very well documented. UESP says that the Mace "drains Spell Points and Strength" on strike but not doesn't specify the amount of either. Same thing with the Masque - it only says it "improves reputation as Charm spell." Has anyone previously reverse-engineered these effects?

As a side note, I noticed that the roadmap says there are 8/22 artifact-specific effects finished. I think this might be in error because a lot of the artifacts have generic effects attached to them instead of "SpecialArtifactEffects."

Interkarma

Re: Masque of Clavicus and Mace of Molag Bal effects

Post by Interkarma »

I've only reviewed those 8, which are all special-effect artifacts. I'm yet to through and confirm any others that only use generic effects. It's not so much an error, just where I'm up to for now. :) I'll hit those artifacts in a big way once we roll into 0.9.

Charm effect has been reverse engineered by Allofich and it is unrelated to reputation. Despite the description, it functions just like "Pacify Humanoid" except that Charm operates on class-based enemies. It seems to be something not fully implemented in classic.

I would be happy for the Masque to operate like the GoodRepWith enchantment and increase reactions with all groups. Perhaps it could increase reputation more than the standard GoodRepWith +10 value (say +20?). This would at least be a good fit to he thematic description, and could be adjusted later on.

I'd be happy to tackle the Mace if you like. It appears to have some enchantment requirements that will need some additional support in the back-end. I'll look at this one more closely when I roll into 0.9 in a few weeks time.

numidium3rd

Re: Masque of Clavicus and Mace of Molag Bal effects

Post by numidium3rd »

Thanks, that sounds good to me. I’ll take care of the Masque and let you handle the Mace. :)