Dungeon Import in DFTFU

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
MasonFace

Dungeon Import in DFTFU

Post by MasonFace »

I'm having problems using the DaggerfallUnity importer in DFTFU when attempting to import Dungeons.

I have the most recent version of DFTFU installed on Unity 2018.2.21f1.

When I attempt to import a dungeon, the console logs the following:

Code: Select all

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
DaggerfallWorkshop.DungeonTextureTables.RandomTextureTableClassic (Int32 seed, Int32 randomDungeonTextures) (at Assets/Scripts/DungeonTextureTables.cs:37)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallDungeon.UseLocationDungeonTextureTable () (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/DaggerfallDungeon.cs:185)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallDungeon.SetDungeon (DFLocation location, Boolean importEnemies) (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/DaggerfallDungeon.cs:109)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Utility.GameObjectHelper.CreateDaggerfallDungeonGameObject (DFLocation location, UnityEngine.Transform parent, Boolean importEnemies) (at Assets/Scripts/Utility/GameObjectHelper.cs:1348)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Utility.GameObjectHelper.CreateDaggerfallDungeonGameObject (System.String multiName, UnityEngine.Transform parent) (at Assets/Scripts/Utility/GameObjectHelper.cs:1333)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallUnityEditor+<DisplayImporterGUI>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__3 () (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/DaggerfallUnityEditor.cs:355)
DaggerfallWorkshop.GUILayoutHelper.Horizontal (DaggerfallWorkshop.VoidDelegate callback) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/GUILayoutHelper.cs:55)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallUnityEditor.<DisplayImporterGUI>m__3 () (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/DaggerfallUnityEditor.cs:350)
DaggerfallWorkshop.GUILayoutHelper.Indent (DaggerfallWorkshop.VoidDelegate callback) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/GUILayoutHelper.cs:41)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallUnityEditor.<DisplayImporterGUI>m__1 () (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/DaggerfallUnityEditor.cs:293)
DaggerfallWorkshop.GUILayoutHelper.Foldout (Boolean toggle, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, DaggerfallWorkshop.VoidDelegate callback) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/GUILayoutHelper.cs:27)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallUnityEditor.DisplayImporterGUI () (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/DaggerfallUnityEditor.cs:291)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallUnityEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/DaggerfallUnityEditor.cs:131)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1375)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
It looks like it gets stuck trying to assign texture values for climate specific stuff in DungeonTextureTables.cs.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Allerka

Re: Dungeon Import in DFTFU

Post by Allerka »

Not to necropost, but I'm running into this problem too. I just can't get dungeons to load, even when I'm just loading a clone of the git repository (using 2018.2.21f1, I made sure this time :P). I can get individual dungeon blocks to load, but not full dungeons. You didn't happen to find a solution, did you?

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

No, unfortunately. :(

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

I got it to work by forcing that code to use a hardcoded texture set. Dont have the code changes anymore but I think it errors out because the objects the code depends on arent fully loaded in the editor
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt